Please help
Guphanti

Hello,

I was a long time Fios customer for many years but when I moved, Fios was not available at the new location. It is a new street (built 10 years ago) and my whole area has Fios, my whole neighborhood does, all my neighbors do, except a few new houses on the street. It is a cul-de-sac, the people on the corner have it, but for some reason, I cannot have it. The lines are run, just not all the way down the street. You can get Fios 2 houses away. 2 HOUSES AWAY!! There is a box in the ground in front of my house that says Verizon on it. Literally 5 more feet of coax cable would allow my address to have Fios.

I see Fios trucks everywhere, just not on my street.

A bunch of people over here want to pay you money.

How do I get the service installed?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Please help
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Maybe if you have engineering check they will be able to give you FIOS.  Especially if there are users on all sides of you.

If however you are on a divide line (nobody on one side of you has FIOS), you will be tough out of luck.  Suggest you contact them directly NOT via this Peer to Peer forum and ask them to have your location checked.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Guphanti wrote:

Hello,

I was a long time Fios customer for many years but when I moved, Fios was not available at the new location. It is a new street (built 10 years ago) and my whole area has Fios, my whole neighborhood does, all my neighbors do, except a few new houses on the street. It is a cul-de-sac, the people on the corner have it, but for some reason, I cannot have it. The lines are run, just not all the way down the street. You can get Fios 2 houses away. 2 HOUSES AWAY!! There is a box in the ground in front of my house that says Verizon on it. Literally 5 more feet of coax cable would allow my address to have Fios.

I see Fios trucks everywhere, just not on my street.

A bunch of people over here want to pay you money.

How do I get the service installed?

Thanks.

I would think it more likely for fios to be fiber optic, not coax, cable to the box which would involve more complicated splicing instead of a coax screw connector.

0 Likes
Guphanti

@tns_2 wrote:

Maybe if you have engineering check they will be able to give you FIOS.  Especially if there are users on all sides of you.

If however you are on a divide line (nobody on one side of you has FIOS), you will be tough out of luck.  Suggest you contact them directly NOT via this Peer to Peer forum and ask them to have your location checked.

I did just that. I called and asked and they checked and said the work order was put out years ago and they don't know why it never got done. They confirmed the street was wired for at least phone (there are Verizon utility boxes everywhere) and that every other house could get Fios. Basically, my street is a cul-de-sac that was developed 10 years ago. Branching off my street is another new cul-de-sac. There is a road that connects both streets to the rest of the neighborhood. Everyone on that street as well as the rest of the neighborhood and city can get Fios.

The engineers are supposed to get back to me but I feel like they never will.

0 Likes