Please help!!!!
Buzzbee09

When I ordered my verizon service, I just wanted to take advantage of the $49.99/month internet special advertised online for new customers.  When I placed the order, I was upsold to include television and promotional HBO and was told it was a better deal.  On July 2, I had fios internet and cable installed and realized that theTV was just the same channels I could get with an antenna for free.  When I got my bill I also saw the service would increase to $70.00/month the second year, whereas the service I orginally wanted, would have only increased to $60.00/year the second year.

So I called customer support to change this.  I was told they did not have access to the internet only deal, however if I could add it to my cart and then call back, it could be processed as I was within thirty days of having my service intalled.  I have tried several times to do this, and have been unable to do so.  Today I decided to call customer service again to see if they could help me as I was nearing the end of my thirty days, and was told in no certain terms that because I was an existing customer there is NOTHING that can be done for me to take advantage of this promotion and it was for new customers only.  What he could do, was get rid of my TV service and begin to charge me $70.00 for internet alone.  Needless to say, this is not what I ordered.

When I origianlly spoke to sales agent, she meade it sound like I was getting a better deal when in reality I was not.  All I wanted was to take advantage of the internet that is advertised on your website with a phone number below it that says 'call to order'.  I did not want this 'extra service' and now I find I am stuck because the minute it was installed I became an existing customer.   Any help would be appreciated and I do not understand why something would be advertised online when customers are clearly unable to take advantage of it.

0 Likes
Re: Please help!!!!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Buzzbee09,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes