Poor customer service.. ... wait times of 60 minutes on phone calls to FIOS Tech Support?
BB25

The subject says it all.  I have made 3 calls to Tech Support (1-888-553-1555) and have had to wait an average of 60 minutes before I could get anyone!! Has anyone else experienced this unacceptable level of customer support?

0 Likes
Re: Poor customer service.. ... wait times of 60 minutes on phone calls to FIOS Tech Support?
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

When did you place your calls?  Yesterday afternoon there were issues and the phones were totally backlogged.

Re: Poor customer service.. ... wait times of 60 minutes on phone calls to FIOS Tech Support?
LJohn89

Yes, there was a major email outage yesterday, and I'm sure the phone lines were clogged.

0 Likes
OregonBadger
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, there were issues and the phones were backlogged. Is that any excuse for not updating the status page to report that they are having a problem? How difficult is it for a company to update a web page showing that they are having problems?

spacedebris
Master - Level 2

@OregonBadger wrote:

Yes, there were issues and the phones were backlogged. Is that any excuse for not updating the status page to report that they are having a problem? How difficult is it for a company to update a web page showing that they are having problems?

Not difficult at all, but how many people would read it to begin with? While that would help a little with the call times, and keep some of us that actually look from calling in, it wouldnt affect the call times much as most people have a problem and just pick up a phone without trying to help themselves. Verizon used to post their problems fairly quick but it never seemed to make much of a difference, so I would guess they just gave up on it.

They keep trying to push these self help things (forums, In Home Agent, etc) but the wait times dont seem to be affected. My friend at Verizon says that they are really busy in the mornings and late evening/nights. During the day they seem to be slower (relative to the rest of the time). He also says that the calls and wait times are extremely high do to the number of channels that were removed from the old rate plans. Many people ignored the notices sent out warning them of the removal of the channels and now that they are missing they are calling in thinking it is a problem. If he is right, then the call times should go down again once they finish educating the people of the change.

jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

You bring up a good point about 

"Many people ignored the notices sent out warning them of the removal of the channels and now that they are missing they are calling in thinking it is a problem"

When Verizon began to block port 25 do you know how many people complained about that because they didn't' read the notice, claim they didn't' get the notice,  or just didn't understand what was being said.  

The amount of complains on the forums was very large so I could imagine how many calls were placed to support.

pl626
Contributor - Level 1

@jumpin68ny wrote:

You bring up a good point about 

"Many people ignored the notices sent out warning them of the removal of the channels and now that they are missing they are calling in thinking it is a problem"

When Verizon began to block port 25 do you know how many people complained about that because they didn't' read the notice, claim they didn't' get the notice,  or just didn't understand what was being said.  

The amount of complains on the forums was very large so I could imagine how many calls were placed to support.

This is still no excuse to not overcommunicate.  I was an IT Platform Manager for a Fortune 500 company and I would have been skewered if my team did not communicate issues quickly and transparently.  The V* website should always be one of the com channels for outages and issues.  This would help cut down on the call center load.

If anything, by not overcommunicating, it reinforces a sense that V* doesn't care about customer service. 

I have also experienced long delays, in fact, I can't recall ever spending less than 30 minutes waiting to get to a real person.  This is why I generally don't bother calling. 

The IHA stuff is also bloatware, which is why I've removed it from my pc.  It's so annoying that it seems V* doesn't care about the customer service experience. 

I'm fortunate that I can generally solve my own issues, but I still wonder why do I bother putting up with the low level of customer service?  Then I remember the cable companies aren't any better, but at least they do better with billing disputes.

KingdomPlan

It was the most horrible experience with Verizon tech support waiting time. I just installed fios but they forgot to put battery into the battery power box that caused beep every 15 minutes and I also didn't feel the speed is faster than my previous Comcast had.

So I tried call Verizon tech support. I called 4 times and patiently waited over one hour each time and then eventually I lost patient. The fake human voice said waiting time is about 10 minutes but actually was over one hour. What kind of service Verizon has! It is the worst tech support I have experienced in my entire 50 years.

What {word filter avoidance} management mind-set that Verizon leaders have!!! I want to  {word filter avoidance} off Verizon business!  

0 Likes