Poor technical support - frustrating and wasteful of customer's time
JB1541
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been a Verizon customer for the past 25 years or so.

we have a broken co-axial cable and scheduled a technician to come out today. I got a call from a voice mail from a service technician saying they were on their way to our 2 pm appointment to fix the co-axial cable at my home.  When they had not arrived at 2:15, I called back the 800 number they showed on the phone as the source number and hita dead end - basically a recording saying we had received a call from the technician and there was no need for further action.  The technician never showed but we were notified the repair ticket was closed because we were "not home" when in fact, we were here waiting the entire afternoon and there were three different phone numbers they could have called to check in with us - we did not get a single call.  Our subseqent efforts to get hold of Verizon customer support were in vain. We were left us hanging on the line waiting for a service representative for 20 min before the call disconnected.  Suggestions to use the "handy tools" on the MyFiOS app and the MyVerizon site are a joke for problems like this. Just getting into the account was problematic - not accepting user names and passwords, re-setting the account, and then  not finding anything useful. What a waste of time. I ended up cancelling my afternoon appointments - for me, this means $$. And, the broken cable problem remains.  NOT GOOD, Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: Poor technical support - frustrating and wasteful of customer's time
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Hi

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.  Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support.  You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page.  Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes