Poorly Installed Fios cable and phone line
adaniellec

We had Fios installed on an older (but newly completely remodeled) house. The house only had one previous cable outlet near the front door. We asked if our installer was able to go through the crawl space to have the wires run from this sport to the two bedrooms so they would be hidden. He first said due to the rain this was not possible. Once the rain stopped he changes his reasoning to "verizon does not offer this installation due to possible dangerous situations." I simply think he did not want to do the extra work and chose to do the wiring his way. Due to this we now have cables stapled around door frames and a splitter in the middle of our living room to go to the closet of the bedroom on the other side of the wall. We are planning on mounting the TV, but now cannot hide the giant cable splitter that is sitting on the ground.

In addition to having to deal with cables run through the inside of my house where we can see them, we also have the telephone line run on the front side of my house. The technician did not inform us that by having the telephone outlet (that we will not even be using) installed in our kitchen, that he would need to drill through the wall of the house and would then have a wire running across the front of our house. He did not measure where the wire would come through on the other side and now we have a wire poking through the middle of our siding. Pictured below. We cannot help that the previous owners had the cable box installed on the front of the home, but we would have preferred not add and extend the eyesore. 

We are very unhappy with the install of our Fios cable and phone line. The technician did not work with us and with what we wanted done. He did not plan ahead and think of the aesthetic of the wires through the inside and outside of our home.  If he was not able to do the job properly and the way we wanted to, then he should have suggested we reschedule and request a different technician. 

imagephone line between windows through the middle of the siding.

0 Likes
Re: Poorly Installed Fios cable and phone line
jonjones1
Legend

Although your post was quite lengthy I can only say you could call 1-800-Verizon and ask for tech or installation support. They can send another installer out.

although not the most slightly photo I can say what you have shown has been done by cable companies as well. It is supposed to be tucked under the siding. 

Installers only make connections as they feel are necessary and although if you wanted more they will do it but you will be charged for that extra locations.

call the number I gave you and see if they will send out another installer.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Re: Poorly Installed Fios cable and phone line
MrMatthew1
Contributor - Level 1

Hi adaniellec,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes