Port Blocking
chinorider
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have installed a Lorex video surveillance system that requires port forwarding to port 7000. Testing indicates that port 7000 is blocked by Verizon.

I have set up port forwarding on the Westell 9100EM.

Using CanYouSeeMe.org I get the following error message:

Error: I could not see your service on 71.118.xxx.xx on port (7000)
Reason: Connection refused

Any thoughts ?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Port Blocking
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 In the router go to Advanced -> IP Address Distribution

#2 What is the Starting and Ending IP Address?

#3 In the router go to Advanced -> UPnP (or Advanced -> Universal Plug and Play)

#4 If you do not have at least two computers where you can not define the ports that they use behind your router, turn off UPnP in the router.

For example: A game console, a special type of computer with no keyboard or mouse (and it/they are usually connected to a TV) where you can not define on the game console what port (or ports) it/they use.

#5 Can you connect this server using the local IP Address and Port number:

For example, 192.168.1.5:7000

?

0 Likes
chinorider
Enthusiast - Level 3

I will check the first of your suggestions when I get home tonight.

Yes, I am able to connect to the server fine internally (192.168.1.7:7000) and view from any PC in my home network.  The problem is going outside my network.

Thanks

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@chinorider wrote:

I have installed a Lorex video surveillance system that requires port forwarding to port 7000. Testing indicates that port 7000 is blocked by Verizon.

I have set up port forwarding on the Westell 9100EM.

Using CanYouSeeMe.org I get the following error message:

Error: I could not see your service on 71.118.xxx.xx on port (7000)
Reason: Connection refused

Any thoughts ?

Thanks

What does your port forwarding rule look like?

phinman

Anyone get this resolved?  Having same issue.  Need port 7000 open for Lorex security DVR.  I've forwarded port 7000 to the correct internal IP address but can't access from outside my network.  Can access inside my network using the internal ip:7000 just fine so I'm obviously doing something wrong in the forwarding.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@phinman wrote:

Anyone get this resolved?  Having same issue.  Need port 7000 open for Lorex security DVR.  I've forwarded port 7000 to the correct internal IP address but can't access from outside my network.  Can access inside my network using the internal ip:7000 just fine so I'm obviously doing something wrong in the forwarding.

What does your port forwarding rule look like?

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

When you set yo your port forwarding it should look something like this. Or WAN DHCP.

192.168.1.7:7000Application
TCP Any -> 7000
WAN PPPoEActive

You say your system uses 7000. I ran a search and found that depending on your equipment, it could use one of many ports, but all seem to be TCP. Also it should allow ANY to 7000 because the incoming port "ANY" could be one of many, but your service sits on 7000.

For testing you could try to put that address 192.168.1.7 in the DMZ.

0 Likes
webdevii

I am running a Security System although not Lorex, but a more generic model DVR / Server ad port 7000 is fine both on the Intra-Net and the Inter-Net, I use my ISP IP address 73.109.xxx.xxx:7000 and connect fine, it sounds like it is something in your Security System Service not set up correctly

Dev

0 Likes