Re: Port Forwarding, Fios Home Router G3100 doesn't work
JoeBo1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since you are using your smartphone,  turn off wifi and try again. It should work. This is the problem with the G3100, it won't allow you to connect the same way from inside as outside.

I have received a suggestion from elsewhere that didn't work. So far no fixes.

0 Likes
gaby67

If wifi is on, the smartphone browser is showing:
Hmmm... can't reach this page
<web site address> is not allowing us to get to the site
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

I turn wifi OFF (I'm with T-mobile), browser is showing:
Hmmm... can't reach this page
<web site address> tool too long to respond
ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Interestingly different error message!

0 Likes
dbissonnette61

As of today they still have not fixed it.  On my second G3100 and no port forwarding.  Also parental control is grayed out.  I spoke with advanced router support and they said that HW version 1102 works.  But no one in support or sales knows how to go backwards on HW versions.  So we wait.

0 Likes
JoeBo1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I suspect your problem with wifi off is separate from the G3100 problem. DDNS not pointing to correct IP, you put in wrong IP directly or port forwarding was not set up or incorrectly set up. 

gaby67

I move my server to the DMZ Host.

With Wifi off on smartphone, I am able to access the web site http://WebName:12345 but with Wifi on, I get ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT. My DDNS is working fine.

0 Likes
gaby67

Because of this port forwarding bug, should I return G3100 router? The port forwarding on my previous router (Fios Quantum Gateway) is still working.

Regardless the port forwarding, which router is better?

Here is the picture of Fios Quantum Gateway:
https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/internet/equipment/routers

0 Likes
JoeBo1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon claims that the G3100 is wonderful with great coverage and throughput. I didn't check the G1100 but the previous owned router checking signal strength walking around the house/yard and found the G3100 giving 10 to 20 db more signal. Like -50 vs -70, etc. I plugged in the G1100, but didn't get a chance to compare it and left that to the owner. 

My assumption is that it won't be fixed any more than bugs in my Verizon phones or tablets have been fixed. Unless there are enough people dumping the G3100, and I'm guessing that is a small number, assuming most remote access is to devices via the cloud and not directly to your home, thus no problem.

In my friend's case, I expect it to go back because the signal is fine with the G1100, and her other 2 old routers (used as passthrough wifi points) and she owns it but is renting the G3100.

0 Likes
Stern1

Same problem here.

Noticed in the Fios app, under "Connected Devices", it is not registering any devices online.  

0 Likes
Spirit757

We have the G1100 quantum gateway, and I have never been able to get it to port forward from within the interior LAN.  This has been frustrating as it works just fine outside from the cellular data network.   But to be fair, I'm not actually using port forwards in the traditional sense.  All I have is the DMZ redirecting everything to a secondary interior router.  When my smartphone is connected to either the G1100 or the interior router, I cannot use the G1100 public IP to reach the DMZ server and access its port forwards.  I wish it did work..   Maybe it does with the old Actiontec router (MI424WR Rev 1) the OP was referring to.

0 Likes
rbztek

i just switched over from comcast to verizon and everything is working well except this. What the hell? Verizon fix this bug!

0 Likes