Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Port Forwarding Issues, need help

SpaceGhost
Contributor
Contributor

Port Forwarding Issues, need help

Message 1 of 3
(679 Views)

Hello,

I have the M1424wr Gen3 Rev 1 Verizon Router connected to My PC is a Dell with Windows Vista Home Premium.

I am trying to configure the router's port fowarding to an application on my laptop Toshiba Satellite, Windows 8 called BroadWave. I think I am configuring it right to allow the application to access the router. Attached are screen shots of what my current settings are like. I am going nuts trying to figure this out.

I think it may be because the router is blocking the port? Broadwave is asking to direct the port to my laptop IP address and port 88. I even tried the DMZ Host to enable it. BroadWave is still not configured to get access to the router. It will connect to the port if I input my laptop IP address to the nat/rule but then that blocks the laptop to get internet access.

Help would be much appreciated! Thank you

Laptop/BroadWave Settings

This is the BroadWave settings...and configuring message I get.

Port Forwarding Settings on PC

These are my port forwarding settings on my PC.

Nat/Rule Settings on PC

These are my static nat rule settings on my PC. These settings let Broadwave connect to the port but then my internet on my laptop will stop working.

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Anti-Phish
Gold Contributor III
Gold Contributor III

Re: Port Forwarding Issues, need help

Message 2 of 3
(650 Views)

You DON'T want to use static NAT unless you have multiple static WAN IP addresses assigned by VZ.

Otherwise, your port forward rules for 192.168.1.3 look fine.

hlppls
Silver Contributor I
Silver Contributor I

Re: Port Forwarding Issues, need help

Message 3 of 3
(639 Views)

The software supports UPnP and should be able to config ports for you. Did you click on run web routing and test wizzard?

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title