Re: Port Forwarding Rejected on new router, old one worked fine
gizzmogeek

You know, I think you may be correct. Maybe the linux system is just not accepting it. Hmm. Weird since it worked until the new router went into place. I'll poke around in it more.

0 Likes
dorpond
Enthusiast - Level 2

When you create a new port forward, are you getting a conflict error? This would be specifically for tcp port forwards.

The reason I ask is because I spent my whole weekend with Verzion trying to resolve my issue - 3 different routers, all the same issue.

Anyway, if your case sounds the same, I have a whole bunch of data that may help us narrow this down.

0 Likes
gizzmogeek

What I am currently getting when I attempt to ssh is:

ssh: connect to host <ipaddresshere> port 22: No route to host

And when I check this site, it says none of the forwarded ports are open either:

http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

0 Likes
CapnCrunch
Contributor - Level 2

I tried to open port 22, the ssh port, on my MI424WR router using the tool you posted in a previous post to see if I had the same problem.  It could not detect the port was opened even though it was set as opened in the router settings.  I'm guessing that Verizon blocks port 22 on their end regardless of what you open on your router.  I have an FTP with port 21 opened and that works fine.

0 Likes
gizzmogeek

Well, I've tried ssh'ing using different ports, different pc's, and even so far as putting two different PC's in the DMZ zone.  Nothing routes. All it says when you try and do ANYTHING is : No route to host. 

So... is verizon blocking it all on just my line?  My boss has been comparing his Fios router setup to mine and his is setup identically and works perfectly. 

It's almost like while the router reports my ip address as one thing, verizon seems to think it's something else. That would make the "no route to host" make sense.

0 Likes