Port Forwarding blocked for all ports
JSwang
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello, I've been attempting to port forward 27015 from my home desktop and it refuses to connect,  None of my ports (other than 443 and 8443) are open. I've checked with http://canyouseeme.org/.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

PS, my windows firewall is completely off.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Port Forwarding blocked for all ports
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What model router do you have?

Can you post a copy of how you are doing the forwarding?

If you post a screenshot, make sure to blur out any specific info for your connection (ie if it shows your current wan ip)

JSwang
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is my router

0 Likes
JSwang
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have done the following steps, peep the two images

imageimage

0 Likes
tashi0
Enthusiast - Level 1

Indeed, at the end of 2017, port forwarding just stopped working on residential and business fios after having the settings unchange and working for a couple years - FTP, AFP, WeDav. I spent hours on the phone with verizon and actiontec trying to resolve. verizon insisted that they block no ports. when doing a port scan, none of the ports set to forward were open. port forwarding was attempted using three different routers at two verizon locations (one business, one residential). the only explanation i can see is that ports are being blocked as verizon verfied all the settings as correct. other posts in this area are marked as resolved due to user error; in this case, everything worked then it did not. there is only one other isp i can go to. that is the only choice left.

0 Likes
tashi0
Enthusiast - Level 1

I read most of the "Port Blocked" postings past and present. For years, I accessed a computer remotely via FTP, AFP, and SMB. All was splendid. Somewhere around late 2017, all this stopped working. Port scans showed only a few ports open.

So I spent hours on the telephone with verizon support and the router manufacturer. Everything was set up well. I tried two models of routers using three different routers. Still nothing worked. All the technical support people said everything was set up correctly. I even duplicated the set up at my office (also verizon). Nothing worked.

verizon insisted "WE DO NOT BLOCK PORTS". Some posters problems related to not forwarding the ports to a computer that had those ports open. This is not the case here as I also scanned the ports on the computer with the forwarded IP address on the LAN.

There is no explaination for this behaviour other than verizon blocking ports. Every call with customer support, they stated there are no blocked ports on the ISP level. I can see no other setting that would cause this.

0 Likes
Manny1337

Verizon blocks ports for residential customers, requiring them to switch to a business account with a static IP if they need ports open. This is a new policy, and it's frustrating for users who previously had no trouble opening and forwarding ports. I had a conversation with one of their reps who told me this. Sorry, I know this is an old post btw.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!