Port forwarding no longer working
jgreene90

i recently moved in with my boyfriend and he has fios and before i moved in we played minecraft on a server he hosted and after like a weekof hosting it, his portforwarding no longer worked. after going threw every thing we could find we gave up. and now im wanting to host a server again but i still cant get the port forwarding to work right. ive read every thread, watched every video of ppl with similiar problems but none of it fixes my problem.

http://i41.tinypic.com/24wwvol.png

here is a screenshot of the port forwarding page. i mean im pretty sure we are doing it right as it worked for about a week then stopped for some reason that we cant figure out. we have no firewalls on or anything.

the port is 25565. If sumone would please help that would be amazing.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Port forwarding no longer working
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

This what you need to do.

#1 Make the DHCP Range of the router smaller.

For example change the Starting IP Address 192.168.1.99

#2 On the computer that you want to host on, setup a Static IP that is with-in the same subnet as the router but outside of the DHCP Range of it.

a) http://portforward.com/networking/staticip.htm

b) For example... Since the IP Address of the router is at 192.168.1.1, if you change the Starting IP Address so that it is 192.168.1.99 (the example above), and you did not change the Ending IP Address - then your IP Address on your computer should be between 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.98

#3 In the router, forward to the IP Address that you setup on your computer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 In the router at the first page that you see after you log-in, one of the IP Address should be the same IP Address that is in the paragraph as 

There is no standard governing the format of these machine names, so this is not something we can automatically determine for you.

at https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

#2 If not, please report back that fact.

#3 In the router go to Advanced -> Universal Plug and Play OR Advanced -> UPnP (Which ever exist in your router)

#4 If you do not have at least two special computers that support Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) where you can not define the ports that they use, turn off UPnP in the router.

A perfect example. At least two game consoles. Any two (Two Xboxes, two Playstations, One Xbox and one Playstation).

#5 If you have at least two special computers that support UPnP where you can not define the ports that they use: Do only use one at a time OR are there times when at least two are on?

#6 In the router go to Advanced -> IP Address Distribution

#7 What is the Starting and Ending IP Address?

0 Likes
jgreene90

ty for replying 😃

i will hopefully be able to answer these question well enough for you =P

#1 are you trying to say that one of those ips should be the ip of my machine? becuase it is. i set my machine up with a static ip since some people had to do that to get it to work. it did nothing for me.

#2  ^^^

#3 i also already tried this as some people also had problems with this. i have 3 computer on that need this function and also have an 360, ps3 and wii so i do need that on.

#4 ^^^

#5 atleast 2 of the 3 are always on

#6&7 192.168.1.2 - 192.168.1.254

i hope i answered these in the right way 😃

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

This what you need to do.

#1 Make the DHCP Range of the router smaller.

For example change the Starting IP Address 192.168.1.99

#2 On the computer that you want to host on, setup a Static IP that is with-in the same subnet as the router but outside of the DHCP Range of it.

a) http://portforward.com/networking/staticip.htm

b) For example... Since the IP Address of the router is at 192.168.1.1, if you change the Starting IP Address so that it is 192.168.1.99 (the example above), and you did not change the Ending IP Address - then your IP Address on your computer should be between 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.98

#3 In the router, forward to the IP Address that you setup on your computer.

0 Likes
jgreene90

sooo i just did that, and OMG thanks you so muh fixed the problem.

0 Likes