Port forwarding
OscarFlores

I'm trying to open two ports, specifically 7777 and 27015, and I'm struggling to do it. I have to make a custom port and this is as far as I could. Everything I do here doesn't open the ports. Any help is greatly appreciated.image

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Port forwarding help
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

The new router firmware is siomewhat unintelligent in that you are now unable to edit a rule and so always have to create a new one if you make an error.

I you go to advanced on the the main top toolbar and then select port forwarding rules you can see examples of hwat a rule looks like MINUS the destination address.

To create a new rule go to firewall setting port forwarding and select add

put the ip address for the destination in the top box on the left either by selecting from the drop dow or select specify ip address and enter the address

In the right hand box select an application from the drop down or select custom ports.

I typically would use custom ports

select protocol, tcp, udp or both

leave source port as any

destination port is the port/s ports you want to forward to, if more than 1 separate with commas e.g. 80,81,82 if a rage e.g. 83-88

leave forward to port  as same as incoming port and schedule always

Play around with them once you get a simple PF working

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Port forwarding help
OscarFlores

I would like help trying to port forward on an Actiontec MI424RW Rev. I router. I got this far and was unable to do anything further.image

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

The new router firmware is siomewhat unintelligent in that you are now unable to edit a rule and so always have to create a new one if you make an error.

I you go to advanced on the the main top toolbar and then select port forwarding rules you can see examples of hwat a rule looks like MINUS the destination address.

To create a new rule go to firewall setting port forwarding and select add

put the ip address for the destination in the top box on the left either by selecting from the drop dow or select specify ip address and enter the address

In the right hand box select an application from the drop down or select custom ports.

I typically would use custom ports

select protocol, tcp, udp or both

leave source port as any

destination port is the port/s ports you want to forward to, if more than 1 separate with commas e.g. 80,81,82 if a rage e.g. 83-88

leave forward to port  as same as incoming port and schedule always

Play around with them once you get a simple PF working

0 Likes
OscarFlores

Allright thanks.

0 Likes