Portal change?
da_goldstein

Since the yahoo portal just about removed all of the benefits I would like to switch to the live portal. I already unlinked my email. How can I switch portals. I cannot find a place to email verizon online or change the portals.. thanks

-David

0 Likes
Re: Portal change?
Ruthie

I'm having similar problems and am very, very frustrated.  I've had Yahoo ever since I've had FIOS.  (a couple of years?)  Yahoo has seemed to have increasing problems and now with the ads, I've just given up on it.  I have Outlook 2003 on my machine and was going to call to have tech support help me switch to using that, but just knew that it would be an all day affair.  Today, Yahoo seems to not work at all, so I found where you could "easily" switch to using Verizon WebMail or Windows LiveMail or whatever.  So, I did the switch.  Problem is, now I've lost my address book and all of my old emails.  (silly me, I thought they would come along)  I've searched all over the Verizon site for Yahoo support, to no avail.  I've now been on hold with tech support for 67 minutes and counting.  I don't believe that this is an acceptable amount of wait time.  I found the "tru-switch" thing, but it doesn't seem to recognize what I'm trying to do because the email address appears to be the same.  This is very, very frustrating.

0 Likes
Re: Portal change?
da_goldstein

I agree that yahoo is now useless with all the adds and no virus protection etc.. I first unlinked the yahoo mail account with verizon.net  which i think preserved my yahoo account.

then i called to switch to microsoft live.  Over other ISP provides basic services like virus protection, firewall, and ad free mail so this is a little dissapointing. You need to even pay to get yahoo mail as a POP3 to use in outlook.

It may be time to leave fios.. Let me know what you think?

0 Likes