Powerline fire caused outage, Verizon insists that it's fine
6foot6

There was a powerline fire on Tuesday which pretty much destroyed all of the lines. Con Edison and Comcast came to fix theirs. Everyone else who has Fios in the area has been calling to get theirs fixed and every time a tech comes by we all get the same response. "Yeah, I'm sorry but I can't fix it. The fire burnt the line. So I'm going to put in a note to Verizon to have an engineer come out to fix it, the engineer should be here in a few days." If that's the response that everyone has been getting since Wednesday, why isn't there a memo being sent to all of the techs? Why is customer support still sending out techs to fix our ONT's when the issue is the powerline? They know about the issue, we've all given customer support the same information, yet they all insist that the network is fine and that the ONT is broken but when a tech comes by they all agree that the fire caused too much damage to the line and that the ONT is fine. 

I understand that it's only been a few days but we've all got homework and work to do, I get that we have to wait for this type of thing but if someone would give me a definite response, I'd be happy. Are we supposed to wait and continue paying for a service that we're not getting or what? I'm trying to speak to someone at Verizon at the moment but my wait time is an hour. Anyone here who can actually help? Or tell me a way I can try to get someone from Verizon to actually do something. 

0 Likes
Re: Powerline fire caused outage, Verizon insists that it's fine
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Hi 6foot6

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.  Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support.  You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page.  Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes