Price increase
martinb0820
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently returned a digital adapter that I was renting for $7.99 per month. My bill went up after that because Verizon increased the price of other items. (So my monthly bill was actually higher than before the item was returned.)

I contacted Verizon, and was told that, because I don't have a contract commitment at this time, they can raise prices whenever they want.

I thought the purpose of a contract to receive a discount. Does the two year contract also lock in a price that can't be increased?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Price increase
jonjones1
Legend

@martinb0820 wrote:

I recently returned a digital adapter that I was renting for $7.99 per month. My bill went up after that because Verizon increased the price of other items. (So my monthly bill was actually higher than before the item was returned.)

I contacted Verizon, and was told that, because I don't have a contract commitment at this time, they can raise prices whenever they want.

I thought the purpose of a contract to receive a discount. Does the two year contract also lock in a price that can't be increased?

Thanks!

Non contract does have its pratfalls. One bring pricing can increase based on what service you have. Now under contract your pricing for service stays the same, but equipment fees can go up or down as well as taxes.

so it really is a choice if you want to be locked into a contract and early termination fees or not.

View solution in original post

Re: Price increase
jonjones1
Legend

@martinb0820 wrote:

Thanks!

Non contract does have its pratfalls. One bring pricing can increase based on what service you have. Now under contract your pricing for service stays the same, but equipment fees can go up or down as well as taxes.

so it really is a choice if you want to be locked into a contract and early termination fees or not.