Printer set up
jedmo1640

I am looking for some guidance.  I have a HP Photosmart 2610 all in one printer.  I have a desktop and a laptop.  The desktop is older and runs windows xp.  The newer laptop is on Vista.  We do not share files from one computer to the other.  WE had comcast highspeed interet and the laptop connected to the internet through a linksys wireless router.  My printer was connected via cat 5 cable to the router as well.  I was able to print no problem from the laptop.  Now with this actiontec router I cannot get the printer to print from the laptop.

Verizon tech support told me to call HP to get the printer's ip address.  I am not sure if this is the answer or not.  I do not have screen shots but the router had an ip address for the printer.  I am not all that savvy on wireless stuff.  Looking for some guidance on what to do.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Printer set up
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
Good job. Please do not forget to mark this thread as solved.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
jedmo1640

I called Verizon Tech support 4 times.  They tell me it is a printer issue.  I have not yet called HP.  I can see the printer on the router but it is not enabled if that makes sense.  If I try to change ip address I knock myself off the internet.  I am not really sure how to go about setting this up.

Thanks

0 Likes
jedmo1640
Got it too work. Checked the HP IP settings. Didn't change anything.  Went into control panel to add the printer and it found the current driver.  Works nowl
0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
Good job. Please do not forget to mark this thread as solved.
0 Likes