Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

Problem entering my password when accessing router.

rahrahrah
Contributor
Contributor

Problem entering my password when accessing router.

Message 1 of 3
(22,950 Views)

Hi all. Recently my IP changed, and I need to re-forward several ports. When I try to access the router via 192.168.1.1, I can enter my username perfectly fine, but in the password field each time I press a key TWO dots show up, as if I had just pressed two keys instead of one. For example, if I type in the letter "A" into the password field this shows up: **, instead of one character.

So if my password was "Blah" and I entered that, this is what the box would show: ********. Because of this I cannot log in. I thought perhaps it was just the computer I was using, so I tried the other computer in the house and it does the same thing. It's as if it's adding an extra letter to everything I type. Any time I try to logon it does this and tells me my password is invalid.

Can anyone provide a little insight?:\

2 REPLIES 2
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Re: Problem entering my password when accessing router.

Message 2 of 3
(22,940 Views)
You can find your answer in this thread.  It's a security feature of the router.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer that solved your issue as the accepted solution.

TimSykes
Gold Contributor III
Gold Contributor III

Re: Problem entering my password when accessing router.

Message 3 of 3
(22,929 Views)
you can always type your password in notepad, then copy and past it into your password spot.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title