I have had fios in NJ and MA for a few years now and they have always been responsive to my needs to so I am hoping they will help me out with the issues I have been having. I have been working as an IT Support Manager for 5 years and I am pretty technologically savvy. I have tried the in home agent and called customer service and I am still having problems. About a year ago VZ came out and swapped out my Cable Box and Modem and I am still having problems.
Here is a list of all the issues I have:
1. Cable Box Freezes Up all the time and I need to power cycle it to get it to respond or wait around 30 secs to a minute.
2. While watching on Demand, if I stop it and go back to the same program to resume it starts from the beginning and I lose my spot.
3. Occassionally my internet will be pretty slow and the router will reboot itself. Meaning all read lights and I have to wait for it to come up.
4. Very poor signal quality from router even 20 feet away.
5. When watching from certain stations like AMC or NESN there is picture quality problems. The picture is pixalated especially when I DVR programs.
I am convinced I still have signal/wiring problems in my house but it could also be the equipment I am using or the box in the basement.
Any help would be appreciated. I would love to swap out my equipment and have a tech come out and check the wiring.
1) There is a known issue with STBs and DVRs not changing the channel for up to a minute when you first turn them on. A fix is in the process of being rolled out. If your STB or DVR is locking up at other times, you probably have a bad box and need to call and get a replacement shipped to you.
2) Thats the way it works. Try pause instead, but pause will timeout after 5 minutes.
3) Not enough information.
4) Try a different wireless channel. Look for the one with the least interference. Try 1, 6 or 11 instead of the default which is auto-select.
5) Yes, you may have a wiring problem. Whether watching live or from the DVR should make no difference. If the signal is bad, the DVR is going to record the bad signal.
I would love to swap out my equipment and have a tech come out and check the wiring.
So call VZ and get them to come out.