Problem with Showtime Anytime app and Parental controls
NJ_Fios_Cstmr

Having a problem here,

I've the showtime anytime app on my iPad.  If i log in using my primary account, i have no problem.  If i log in with either of two secondary accounts, i cannot watch anything rated above PG-13.

I have checked the parental control settings in the web interface several times.  They are set to allow viewing of anything, and i am still unable to watch anything over PG-13 on the secondary accounts.

I've been dealing with Verizon's support for about two weeks now, with no resolution (but that is another complaint for another day).

Any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Problem with Showtime Anytime app and Parental controls
Holly_B1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was having a problem viewing any content on my app on the IPhone or my Amazon Firestick. Went to the computer and logged into showtimeanytime.com. In the upper right hand corner hover on the little head an shoulder icon. That opens a drop down box with viewing preferences. Click on viewing pref. This opens a screen with viewing preferences at the top. There is a sentence regarding updating controls.  At the end of the sentence hover over the word Verizon and click on it. You will be asked to sign in with your Verizon account name and password. Make sure You sign in with the primary account sign in not the sub users account. It must be the primary account. It will take you to a TV management page. Scroll down to the box called parental controls. Click on the word manage. It will open and you will see an age line with certain ages blocked. Click on NONE and the restriction is removed and the app will work. I too worked with Verizon. Nothing worked until I went to the app itself. Hope this works for you. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

did you login to the main account

then hover over account 

hover over account profile 

and select residential 

and then click on sub accounts

and then click on each individual sub account

When you create sub accounts, you tell the age of the person using it, which enables parental controls for those users, but that is done from the main account.

0 Likes
NJ_Fios_Cstmr

Yes, i did.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

www.verizon.com/fiostvcentral   

log in there, and then click settings, and there is a parental control section there under settings.  

0 Likes
NJ_Fios_Cstmr

Yup,  I've been there several times.  I've tired turning them off (they were off to begin with), as well as turning them on and setting them to their least restrictive setting.

Still cannot view anything rated above PG-13 on my iPad via the Showtime Anyime app.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

make sure that when you login to that site, you are logging in with the sub accounts, and not the primary.     If it is fine there, even when signed in with sub accounts, then it might be the parental controls in the IPAD.  I had the same problem with netflix.    so check your parental controls in the ipad next.   

0 Likes
whh3

Same exact issue here.  Any ideas? I've tried everthing already mentioned.

0 Likes
yourhero1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Found the solution.  The parental controls is not a Verizon barrier, but rather a Showtimeanytime barrier.  To change the default parental controls for a subaccount (which defaults to restrict all non-children programming viewing), you must login to the showtimeanytime page (www.showtimeanytime.com) with your primary Verizon credentials.  Once logged in, you can access the parental controls under your account settings (hover over your username and you will see Settings link in top right hand corner), which controls the parental controls of your subaccounts.

Here is an online article discussing showtimeanytime and the parental features.

http://blog.chron.com/techblog/2012/01/showtime-anywhere-brings-dexter-homeland-californication-to-t...

yourhero1
Enthusiast - Level 1

One additional note, the showtimeanytime site is a flash app.  You may have to delete your cookies so that the app does not try and use the cached parental control settings for your subaccount.

kpruyn

I've been trying to resolve this with my sub-accounts as well. I have set the restriction to NR on the verizon site, and the Showtime site says I can't set them there, I have to set them at the verizon site. The HBO GO site works properly so I'm missing something with the Showtime app.  I even uninstalled the app from my phone and reinstalled after the controls were set. No luck. Any other ideas out there?

0 Likes