Problem with connecting to admin page
milos112
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello Verizon. I have a problem with connecting to my admin page.

Firstly, I go to the 192.168.1.1 page, type in the password for the first timers and press "Apply". After that, a page opens saying that I either have no connection, or there is no such website. 

If I refresh the website, a window will pop up asking for username, and password. Unfortunately, even after proving the correct information and pressing "Log in" the same thing keeps on opening. If I type the 192.168.1.1 address again, it will ask me again to type in my password, and over and over again.

I tried using different browsers, I tried resetting my router. None of these things seem to work. Is there anything else I could do to fix it?

Please respond, thank you in advance!

0 Likes
Re: Problem with connecting to admin page
PJL
Master - Level 3

@milos112 wrote:

Hello Verizon. I have a problem with connecting to my admin page.

Firstly, I go to the 192.168.1.1 page, type in the password for the first timers and press "Apply". After that, a page opens saying that I either have no connection, or there is no such website. 

If I refresh the website, a window will pop up asking for username, and password. Unfortunately, even after proving the correct information and pressing "Log in" the same thing keeps on opening. If I type the 192.168.1.1 address again, it will ask me again to type in my password, and over and over again.

I tried using different browsers, I tried resetting my router. None of these things seem to work. Is there anything else I could do to fix it?

Please respond, thank you in advance!

Well I'm not "Verizon" but have a question and maybe I can help:  What user name did you try, and where did you get the password? 

By the way this question is probablyin the wong form.  The FiOS Internet forum might be a better place.

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

The admin id is "admin" in lower case.

The password rules vary by model.  And after a reset may be

• none, and you are prompted to enter a new password
  • the password value printed on the sticker (newer routers)
  • the serial number printed on the sticker (older models)
  • the value "password"  on some routers
  • If you didn't reset might be the value the installer used (although this was suppose to have been changed for all routers).  They usually used to use "password1"
milos112
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hmm, for some reason it fixed itself while I was taking pictures right now which I was gonna post here.

Thank you for help.

/Thread

0 Likes