Problem with install? Error lights: FIOS ONT i-211m-l
pmg17041

Having  some teething problems with FIOS, had installation yesterday in Queens, NYC including Quantum fancy TV and 150/150 plus phone all via the ONT I-211M-L and an Arris stb.

Having channel problems, some sd channels come in, others not at all and get the Channel Unavailable 3101 message.

Just opened the ONT box and saw the lights as in the attached pic.  Vid=red, fail=green.  I assume the red vid means something bad.  

VZ techs told me there's an outage that's been going on for 5(!!) days.  Other techs say there's no way my Internet would be working if there was a real outage.  Of course the FIOS app says there's no outage. Internet fine, speed amazing vs dsl.

Anyone have any thoughts on what causes the lights to be red?  Or know where there's a manual on the Internet. 

Thanks, Paul 

0 Likes
Re: Problem with install? Error lights: FIOS ONT i-211m-l
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Usually ONT trouble, OLT trouble, or Fiber signal trouble. Get a tech to come out and repair the issue since this is a new install.

0 Likes
Re: Problem with install? Error lights: FIOS ONT i-211m-l
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

The red video light on the ONT means that the 1550 wavelength of light coming over the fiber optic cable is outside the threshold of what Verizon deems an acceptable signal. It could certainly affect your channels on your cable box.

0 Likes