Problem with mi424-wr. Connection interaptions for 1-20 minutes.
argentum

I have regular wireless communication issues between my dell e4300 laptop and mi424-wr. Communications are interrupted to 1-30 minutes. The only way to make internet work again is to connect yellow cable or disconnect / reconnect to wireless network. I don't have a lot wireless experience, and don't know how to localize issue. I tried to reinstall network, but it didn't help.

Please, help with suggestion what to try to understand the cause of the problem.

Message Edited by ElizabethS on 06-30-2009 08:50 PM
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: laptop communication issue. Connection interaptions for 1-20 minutes.
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi argentum

Have you tried the forum search feature? At the top of the page where the windows says "Seach" try entering this: mi424-wr

There are several threads that may have some helpful information.

Regards,
Elizabeth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi argentum

Have you tried the forum search feature? At the top of the page where the windows says "Seach" try entering this: mi424-wr

There are several threads that may have some helpful information.

Regards,
Elizabeth

0 Likes
argentum

I don't know if it is related to my problem, but I turn on security log, and latter, right after internet dissapears again I saw some regular log messages and some red errors :

Jun 30 21:17:35 2009 Outbound Traffic Blocked - Default policy First packet in connection is not a SYN packet: TCP 192.168.1.2:2245->130.81.64.27:80 on clink1

Probably firewall blocking is not cause of the problem, as I see such messages when everything is right with internet 

How to change the subject of this topic? I'm sure everything is ok with my laptop, the problem is in  mi424-wr

[edited]

Message Edited by ElizabethS on 06-30-2009 08:49 PM
0 Likes
Re: Problem with mi424-wr. Connection interaptions for 1-20 minutes.
argentum
The solution was simple - update driver for Intel(R) WiFi Link 5100 AGN. I download 12.4.0.21 version from Intel site and install. I don't see problems for a 24 hours - I hope issue is resolved, as before internet were broken ones in hour.
0 Likes