Switch Account

Problem with mi424-wr. Connection interaptions for 1-20 minutes.

SOLVED
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Problem with mi424-wr. Connection interaptions for 1-20 minutes.

Message 1 of 4
(5,734 Views)

I have regular wireless communication issues between my dell e4300 laptop and mi424-wr. Communications are interrupted to 1-30 minutes. The only way to make internet work again is to connect yellow cable or disconnect / reconnect to wireless network. I don't have a lot wireless experience, and don't know how to localize issue. I tried to reinstall network, but it didn't help.

Please, help with suggestion what to try to understand the cause of the problem.

Message Edited by ElizabethS on 06-30-2009 08:50 PM
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator Emeritus Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus

Re: laptop communication issue. Connection interaptions for 1-20 minutes.

Message 2 of 4
(5,726 Views)

Hi argentum

Have you tried the forum search feature? At the top of the page where the windows says "Seach" try entering this: mi424-wr

There are several threads that may have some helpful information.

Regards,
Elizabeth

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator Emeritus Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus

Message 2 of 4
(5,727 Views)

Hi argentum

Have you tried the forum search feature? At the top of the page where the windows says "Seach" try entering this: mi424-wr

There are several threads that may have some helpful information.

Regards,
Elizabeth

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(5,698 Views)

I don't know if it is related to my problem, but I turn on security log, and latter, right after internet dissapears again I saw some regular log messages and some red errors :

Jun 30 21:17:35 2009 Outbound Traffic Blocked - Default policy First packet in connection is not a SYN packet: TCP 192.168.1.2:2245->130.81.64.27:80 on clink1

Probably firewall blocking is not cause of the problem, as I see such messages when everything is right with internet 

How to change the subject of this topic? I'm sure everything is ok with my laptop, the problem is in  mi424-wr

[edited]

Message Edited by ElizabethS on 06-30-2009 08:49 PM
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Problem with mi424-wr. Connection interaptions for 1-20 minutes.

Message 4 of 4
(5,648 Views)
The solution was simple - update driver for Intel(R) WiFi Link 5100 AGN. I download 12.4.0.21 version from Intel site and install. I don't see problems for a 24 hours - I hope issue is resolved, as before internet were broken ones in hour.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.