Problems activating AT&T Microcell on FIOS internet
abr1964

I am yet another user who is struggling to activate a Microcell on my FIOS internet service.  I have tried two different routers now, the older style Westell 9100EM and the newer Actiontec MI424WR both using MOCA.  I am still continually getting the flashing 3G light.  Power, ethernet and GPS lights all solid green.

Like a lot of others, I have tried deactivating and reactivating, resetting both the routers and the Microcell, setting up the DMZ, the port forwarding, tried different locations on my network, different ethernet cables, left it running overnight and so far, NOTHING!

I called AT&T support with no luck.  They said it must be something on my network that's not allowing it to talk to them.

I chatted online with Verizon support and they didn't have much to offer either.  I did convince him to remotely reset all of my FIOS service, but that didn't help either.

I'm at a loss right now.  I know people have said it works out of the box with no modifications and others have said it works with some mods, either DMZ or port forwarding, but I'm sure there are people like me who have given up or are about to give up because they've tried everything and nothing has worked.  

When I had the Westell connected, I was able to save the configuration settings in a text file that seems like it might be helpful to compare to someone's working config.  The Actiontec seems to only produce hex code.

Open to any suggestions or to hear from anyone who specifically got it working after some modifications.

TIA.

0 Likes
Re: Problems activating AT&T Microcell on FIOS internet
abr1964

I just read something on one of the AT&T forums that there could be an issue if you get assigned an IP address in a particular subnet.  The person stated that as long as he was in the 17x.x.x.x subnet, the Microcell would never connect, but if his IP address got renewed in the 74.x.x.x subnet, it magically worked with no changes to his FIOS router.

Anybody from Verizon care to chime in on this?

I'm not sure if this forum allows hyperlinks, but I'll try and post the link with this discussion below:

(the posts from dww0311 most of the way down the thread)

http://forums.att.com/t5/3G-MicroCell/3G-Microcell-light-blinking-with-Fios-MI424WR-router/td-p/2802...

0 Likes