Problems connecting to Netflix with Sharp Smart TV.
gopackgo1

Was on the phone with Sharp trying to figure out why we can't connect to Netflix when we used to be able to before.  They tried walking me through a reset but it didn't work.  They then said they needed to know if verizon uses a proxy server.  How would I know?

0 Likes
Re: Problems connecting to Netflix with Sharp Smart TV.
jonjones1
Legend

@gopackgo wrote:

Was on the phone with Sharp trying to figure out why we can't connect to Netflix when we used to be able to before.  They tried walking me through a reset but it didn't work.  They then said they needed to know if verizon uses a proxy server.  How would I know?

Well you did not give enough information. When you connected your smart tv to your network how did you do it? WiFi or ethernet connection? If WiFi I would switch it to a direct ethernet to the back of your television. Now does your smart tv have an apps store? If it does I would download the Netflix app, sign in with your account username and password. That should now be set to watch it.

now if you are using a Roku or Apple TV 4th Generation or a Chromecast you insert the device into an available HDMI port on the tv and again get the app for Netflix and sign in etc.

now if you are referencing getting Netflix from Fios TV set top box there I cannot assist since I don’t use their tv service. Sorry

0 Likes
Re: Problems connecting to Netflix with Sharp Smart TV.
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do other apps work on your TV?

If not, then a TV/Internet connection issue.

I do use netflix via my Roku with no issues at all.

No proxy server config required to use streaming apps on Verizon.

0 Likes