Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Problems connecting to Netflix with Sharp Smart TV.

gopackgo
Contributor
Contributor

Problems connecting to Netflix with Sharp Smart TV.

Message 1 of 3
(34,240 Views)

Was on the phone with Sharp trying to figure out why we can't connect to Netflix when we used to be able to before.  They tried walking me through a reset but it didn't work.  They then said they needed to know if verizon uses a proxy server.  How would I know?

2 REPLIES 2
jonjones
Platinum Contributor I
Platinum Contributor I

Re: Problems connecting to Netflix with Sharp Smart TV.

Message 2 of 3
(34,206 Views)

@gopackgo wrote:

Was on the phone with Sharp trying to figure out why we can't connect to Netflix when we used to be able to before.  They tried walking me through a reset but it didn't work.  They then said they needed to know if verizon uses a proxy server.  How would I know?

Well you did not give enough information. When you connected your smart tv to your network how did you do it? WiFi or ethernet connection? If WiFi I would switch it to a direct ethernet to the back of your television. Now does your smart tv have an apps store? If it does I would download the Netflix app, sign in with your account username and password. That should now be set to watch it.

now if you are using a Roku or Apple TV 4th Generation or a Chromecast you insert the device into an available HDMI port on the tv and again get the app for Netflix and sign in etc.

now if you are referencing getting Netflix from Fios TV set top box there I cannot assist since I don’t use their tv service. Sorry

CRobGauth
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Problems connecting to Netflix with Sharp Smart TV.

Message 3 of 3
(34,182 Views)

Do other apps work on your TV?

If not, then a TV/Internet connection issue.

I do use netflix via my Roku with no issues at all.

No proxy server config required to use streaming apps on Verizon.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.