Problems integrating new Wireless Brother HL2280DW laser printer into my FIOS network.
mrphoto7761

I bought a brand new HL2280DW WIreless Laser Printer on Black Friday and I can not seem to integrate into my network.  It keeps spitting out errors saying to check with my SSID settings and I have checked, doublechecked, and re-checked and I just do not seem to get it.  I am hesitant to switching to a different type of encryption because not all my network nodes support other encryption types.    Any Advice would GREATLY be appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Problems integrating new Wireless Brother HL2280DW laser printer into my FIOS network.
bbinnard
Contributor - Level 3

Your problem could be an IP Address conflict. The printer probablyh wants a fixed IP address so you can always refer to it the same way. But your router is probably set to give dynamic addresses to everything. What most people do is set aside a small address range for fixed address devices, and use the rest for dynamic addresses.  

The way to do this is to set the router to start its DHCP range at something like 192.168.1.10. Doing his means IP addresses 192-168-1.2 - 192.168.1.9 are availalble for fixed assignment.  (Router is always 192.168.1.1.) All dynamic addresses will start with 192.168.1.10 and go up from there, for as many devices as you have attached wirelessly or via cables.  In this scenario you woudl assign your printer an address like 192.168.1.5 and it will always retain this address.

0 Likes