Problems with FIOS and certain programs
kandygs400

when i try to use LIMEWIRE or a TORRENT program such as utorrent...the router will shut itself down n restart, ive tried portforwarding to no availe, it will happen on all my computers 1 lap top is running windows 7 and 1 desk top is running windows xp, is there anything i can do? iuts weird cause the only torrent program that wont restart my router is BITCOMET...any help would be appreciated

0 Likes
Re: Problems with FIOS and certain programs
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 What is the exact brand, model, and ver of your router?

#2 Do you have at least two game consoles behind your router?

0 Likes
kandygs400

the router i have is WESTELL 9100EM, and by gaming consoles you mean xbox or playstation? i do have an xbox set up on a STATIC IP, but other then that everything is assigned by the router. thats all i have

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

its the tiny nat table problem.   bittorrents SWARM that router, and overwhelm it.

kandygs400

so the only way around it is to, use my old router with this router? my old one worked just fine and i could portforawrd on that on and on this one i cant portforaward for sh*t!!!

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@kandygs400 wrote:

so the only way around it is to, use my old router with this router? my old one worked just fine and i could portforawrd on that on and on this one i cant portforaward for sh*t!!!

Points to http://www.dslreports.com/faq/16077

0 Likes