Problems with FiOS installation
gg929

Having an absolutely miserable experience with my Verizon install. I moved into a new apartment and had to wait a week for the install date. When the technician came not only did the install take over 5 hours but when he finished he let me know that there were problems with the outside box that he couldn't fix and that I wouldn't be able to connect. He also couldn't tell me when the issue would be resolved.

I work from home and my job relies on me having internet. I've totally blown through my wireless data over the last few days (from Verizon also) so I called customer support. They couldn't have been less helpful and it was clear they just wanted to get me off the phone. They told me my issue was "escalated" but no one would let me know when a repair was coming or even when I would know when a repair was coming. After a half an hour of being on and off hold I was told that sometime tomorrow they would let me know when a team could come out to fix the issue. Not that they would fix the issue tomorrow just that I might know when they'd get around to it. Unlike other forum posts I've seen they refused to send me a jetpack or wireless hotspot because "Verizon wireless is a different entity entirely". Give me a break. What's the point of having both services from the same company?

Now I'm 8 days into my new lease and I don't even have a clue of when I'll get internet. My co-workers are all frustrated with me. No one at Verizon has offered to give the month for free, help mitigate my issue or deal with my wireless bill. Do they just expect me to pay data overage charges for the problem they created?!?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Problems with FiOS installation
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did the field technician install anything? Maybe take some pictures so the CLs can try to identify the issue the field technician is experiencing. The worst case scenario is no GPON split available nearby. This would require line techs to either pull very a long fiber line from far away splits or a crew has to come in to pull another GPON line from the central office. Both solutions would take some efforts and time.

0 Likes
gg929

They installed everything inside the apartment but said there was a problem outside that they could not resolve. 

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Cut your losses and call your local cable company while you wait for Verizon to figure this out.  Even if you pay both for a month, it'll be cheaper than overages on your wireless plan.  I doubt you'll get any wireless credits for this, although FiOS should adjust your start date to the day service actually starts...

Normally I'd recommend you try their social media support team, but recent reports suggest they are no longer as helpful as they used to be.  If you want to try them, find their Facebook page or tweet @VerizonSupport.

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

@gg929 wrote:

They installed everything inside the apartment but said there was a problem outside that they could not resolve. 

I am sorry but it does sound like the worst scenario I have described. I second gs0b, definitely find some serviceable, makeshift providers for now. I am not sure how long you would need to wait. If the line tech determines a new GPON line pull is necessary, it could take weeks or a month to finish wiring. After all this trouble, you could be the only subscriber on the new GPON line, which means no congestion to the central office (technically you get the entire 2400/1200 bandwidth, but will be limited by your ONT and subscription).

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi gg929,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes