Proof of Residency
kerker123
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently ordered Fios Internet since my roommate has moved out.  Upon ordering and recieving the arrival date to set up the services, I need to require proof of residency.  Whenever I press the upload button to upload the documents, a blank screen shows up regardless of what device I've tried to do this on.  My installation date is set to be when the previous services will end so I'm hoping for a way to fix this soon 😞 I'm hoping this doesn't delay the services from arriving, any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!

0 Likes
Re: Proof of Residency
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is  mainly a peer to peer support forum.

Contact support 1800verizon or twitter @verizonsuport

jonjones1
Legend

@kerker123wrote:

I recently ordered Fios Internet since my roommate has moved out.  Upon ordering and recieving the arrival date to set up the services, I need to require proof of residency.  Whenever I press the upload button to upload the documents, a blank screen shows up regardless of what device I've tried to do this on.  My installation date is set to be when the previous services will end so I'm hoping for a way to fix this soon 😞 I'm hoping this doesn't delay the services from arriving, any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!

Just go into a physical Verizon Fios store. (Google the nearest location. Do not use a reseller but actual corporate store) they can call in or access your account to note your verification is done.

typical hoop jumping on Verizon’s part. If they don’t want to give you service go to another one. Then they find your address when they keep asking you to get service 😀

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try another browser if you haven't already. Verizon's website typically works best with Firefox.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Smith6612wrote:

Try another browser if you haven't already. Verizon's website typically works best with Firefox.

Amazingly it use to be you could “fax” or “just go into a physical location” because the uplink site never worked. I have found that pop up blocker must be off, and clear cache and cookies has to be done when using real computers. 

When verizon wireless (right down the hall to the right) wanted to give me a military discount the upload page did not work on a computer, but worked fine from my iPad.

0 Likes
mida44
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's pretty nonsensical that they can't fix this issue after years of complaints. My e-mail says "You can upload any of the requested documents at My Verizon, or you can fax the information."

Multiple browsers on my phone AND on my PC show a blank upload screen. My Fios app shows a blank upload screen. The problem is NOT on my end.

I faxed it a couple of days ago, but it still says that I need to provide proof of residency. It's one thing if they don't actually care that they don't get this document. I shouldn't have to call or go to a store. 

So we have to Tweet them to get someone to do their job?

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

It may seem to be funny, but even when I uploaded via the web page Verizon Wireless still wanted a “pay stub” even though I uploaded a photo ID and I had to call more than once to get it applied. This was for 15% discount.

however I was told the fax number works. However there is a gotcha on the faxing. It has to be sent at a little slower baud 9600 to actually finish. I have read that Verizon claims there are a gazillion fax submissions so it takes about 7-10 days to actually verify your information.

going to a Corporate store location take a few minutes. So why make it harder on yourself? 

0 Likes
mida44
Enthusiast - Level 2

Uploading or faxing would be significantly easier than going out of my way to physically go to a store that I have no desire to visit. I might add that suggestion isn't one even offered by Verizon. Heaven forbid they have an upload tool that actually works.

I guess I'll just call them tomorrow when they're open and see what they say. My suspicion is this document isn't really needed, just like their automated messages told me they were sending "equipment" which consisted of an installation brochure. I don't really want to find out though since installation is scheduled for 2 days from now. I don't have 2 weeks to wait for them to look at a fax with their 14.4kbps modem or whatever antiquated technology they are operating.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Going to the store is probably not mentioned because they don’t want their stores clogged with customer matters. They want sales.

years ago the guy at the counter just scanned it into his computer and it was done.

his verification code was used to say all is ok.

total time spent in store 10 minutes. Total time to keep complaining, days. Which one would logically be the better choice.

now the only other thing that would get me angry is if they stopped doing the verification. Or the system is down etc. hopefully you will get an install without giving them their proof.

0 Likes
mida44
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just a quick update, I called Friday and spoke to an agent that said even though it's showing that they didn't receive the document online she was showing that it was received and installation was on track to proceed as scheduled.

Fast forward to today, and my self-installation occured after a phone call to tech support.

Anyway, just as a last comment on the store idea, that may very well work for some people. The corporate store was out of the way for me and I was not particularly interested in convincing a wireless sales rep to help me with my fios issue. I think I even saw you suggest if they don't help you at one store, just go to another. Before you go driving around town to find someone to help you maybe try a phone call first.