Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

Protocol Used to Communicate with Verizon ?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Protocol Used to Communicate with Verizon ?

Message 1 of 3
(1,617 Views)
Hi everyone, I'm looking for a more nitty gritty technical response as to how my router (the stock actiontec router that we rent from Verizon) is communicating with the Verizon router at the Central Office. So from my router is a co-axial cable that runs to the ONT on my premises. This changes the copper signaling to light. Now from here, where does the cable go to? Does the outside cable run back directly to a Verizon Central Office? Is it run to a box somewhere, where my traffic is aggregated with other people in the neighborhood? What type of cable is used on this leg of the journey? And what protocol is used ? My router has to get information from Verizon's connecting router somehow, so how does it communicate with it? Is it as point to point connection or some sort of hybrid? If the connection from my house to Verizon is truely optical, does it use some sort of SONET/TDM protocol? Any responses would be great! Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Protocol Used to Communicate with Verizon ?

Message 2 of 3
(1,589 Views)
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 2 of 3
(1,590 Views)
Highlighted
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II

Message 3 of 3
(1,564 Views)

maybe you can mark your answer as the solution or your question as solved or answered?

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.