Purchased 50/25 get 12/11 same as Comcast
MikelMD
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I purchased speeds up to 50/25 and I get the same speeds as ComCast.  I have a PC connected directly to the Verizon router (hardwire).

My neighbor has twice my speed!

0 Likes
Re: Purchased 50/25 get 12/11 same as Comcast
wraujr1
Contributor - Level 1

Start at "speedtest.verizon.net"

Run the Speed Test picking "less than 75 Mbps" and your state.

At the end of test, run FiOS Optimizer (for Windows) that will change settings in Windows to optimize buffer sizing for your speed.

Rerun test.

I have 25/25 and I acheive 30/25.  All my PCs and laptops have run the FiOS Optimizer and on the brand new units with Windows XP defaults, the Optimizer makes a big difference. This is not lame tech support **bleep**, the Optimizer is absolutely necessary (years ago you did it by manually editing the Windows XP registry, which is not for faint of heart).

I hear Apple has a "Broadband Optimizer", but no experience here...  No experience with Vista/7/8 so I don't know if newer OS has fixed or provide tools......

Post back:

Verizon Router model

PC type (ie. Windows XP/7/8 or Mac)

Re: Purchased 50/25 get 12/11 same as Comcast
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Also make sure you are hardwired when you do a test.  Get an ethernet cable and make sure it's plugged one end in your pc/laptop and the other end in a LAN port (1-4)

If you are wireless, then your problem is likely interference or software related.  You will want to check on your service tag of your router and make sure what REV number it is    REV A, B, C, D, E, I ETC...  and let us know