Quantum 50 service speeds and intermittent outages. Router speeds low and faulty equiptment
bpugh1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I pay for the quantum 50 service.  At certain times (especially at night) the speeds become horrendous.  I can't watch video and get intermittent outages.  Hardlined into the router I get speeds below 10 down.  My community's facebook page has over 120 comments on this topic for fios and there's an open case number for the area due to faulty equipment at the CO.  I should be credited when i'm not getting the service i pay for. The operator i talked to behind the 1800 number was incredible unhelpful.

In addition, I talked to an Xfinity rep with a very good offer wth comparable TV and 105 mbps down.  The fact that i spend thousands every year with Verizon between Fios and Wireless and get such nonchalent reaction to poor performance when there is competition ready to make a compelling offer says a lot.  Verizon thinks it's too big to fail and treats good customers poorly.  I'm ready to switch all of my services based on this experience.  The only thing the verizon operator could do to match Xfinity is remove services, and she acted like she was helping me.  It was ludicrous.

How do i talk to someone who can acknowledge the issue and do something about it?  The operators behind the 1800 number are pointless.

Re: Quantum 50 service speeds and intermittent outages. Router speeds low and faulty equiptment
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
0 Likes
Re: Quantum 50 service speeds and intermittent outages. Router speeds low and faulty equiptment
Sean3040-2
Enthusiast - Level 3

DO NOT SIGN UP FOR COMCAST

YOU WILL START OFF WITH A NICE PROMOTION, BUT THEN THEY WILL HIT YOU WITH NEW FEES, BROADCAST TV FDEES, REGIOANL SPORTS NETWORK FEES AND NOT INFORM YOU OF PRICE INCREASES.

What I will recommend is to ask the person online or over the phone to send you a new modem. If you have gen-3 which is red in color, upgrade to the quautum gateway for $3/more per month. If you have gen-2 or gen-1, upgrade at a minimum for free to gen 3. Just go through basic trouble shooting with Verizon over the phone for half an hour and then ask to be sent out a gen-3 router. 

0 Likes
bpugh1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the responses guys. I also found a local account rep that I lobbed a call into that is apparently aware of the CO issue in my area (northern VA.)

0 Likes
dasousa1
Enthusiast - Level 1

What is going on in Northern Virginia?  I am getting upload speeds of about 0.05 Mbps.  This has been going on for weeks.  I spent a couple hours with Verizon reps last Wednesday, and finally confirmed that it was a Verizon network issue.  As of today, the issue is still unresolved.  All Verizon can say today is, "Sorry it's affecting more than one account.  You'll be notified when it is fixed."

0 Likes