Quantum G1100 Boot Loop
wookieemistake
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wondering if anyone has experienced an issue where the Quantum G1100 Gateway enters an indefinite boot loop.  Plugged in the Quantum gateway for the first time in maybe a year, pulled an IP from Verizon, made sure network was up, etc.  Decided to move the wall plug to a different outlet and now the gateway is in a endless boot loop.  Internet (globe) light flashes white 3 times, then solid red for 10 seconds, rinse repeat.  Noted that the LAN lights will all illuminate on the back arbitrarily during this sequence.  Also noted that when a ethernet cable is plugged into one of the LAN ports, the network adapter in Windows will cycle between "Identifying" and "Network cable unplugged".  Have tried the WPS reset and factory reset button on the back.  Have held each for both the recommended 10 seconds and longer. Have also unplugged the power and let it sit.  Appears the device may be bricked.  Thinking the gateway was pulling and applying a firmware update when I yanked the power.  Anyone ever encountered this?

0 Likes
Re: Quantum G1100 Boot Loop
jonjones1
Legend

I would suspect your guess about a firmware update is the culprit.

since it was not used as you stated in quite sometime. Normally if your previous firmware has been saved as Netgear and other routers recommend it may be possible to revert or even obtain the firmware update from off the internet.

the router is a Greenwave brand I believe and if you do a google search you may get lucky and obtain it from someone.

if you access the router it may also be possible to revert back to a previous version of the firmware if available.

You are dealing with Verizon here so it may not be as easy as other name brand routers. If you call Verizon tech support they may be able to push one out to you or send the file to you. Cannot hurt to inquire.

1-800-VERIZON 

Good Luck

Re: Quantum G1100 Boot Loop
wookieemistake
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have my Internet provisioned over Ethernet so it's not a big deal switching back to my preferred device.  Figured I would check in with the community before putting it back in the closet.  Will poke around and see what I can dig up on the interwebs regarding the Greenwave point you mentioned though I think FIOS may be the only people who can resolve this particular device's issue since it doesn't stay up long enough to be reachable.  Thanks for your input.

0 Likes