Re: Quantum G1100 Router suddenly not keeping 5ghz connections
stever1388

I'm having a similar issue - I got my router maybe 6 months ago, and at some point last week (might have been Friday the 8th but I'm not 100% sure), the 5GHz wi-fi stopped working. It shows up in the available Wi-Fi connections on my phone and tablet, but my devices just aren't able to connect to it (though they try over and over again). I tried setting the channel in the wireless settings, tried 36, 48, and 149 but all stop working after less than a day.

The 2.4GHz connection works fine, though I don't have those connections saved on my 5GHz capatible devices so they don't fall back to it unless I create a new connection to connect to ti (I have SSID broadcast turned off).

Here are the settings I use:

• Channel: 149 (was originally auto)
  • Security Enabled: Yes WPA2
  • SSID Broadcast: Disabled
  • MAC Authentication: Disabled
  • Wireless Mode: N and AC Mode(802.11n/ac)
  • WMM: Enabled

Hopefully this is resolved soon. I don't want to go through the hassle of replacing the router to find out that won't fix it.

0 Likes
Jetcraft68

I have the same issue. Unfortunately I took the advice of another post and replaced my router to only have the same issue repeat about every 12 hrs or so. Nothing changed with my network before or after (other than the router). Same router placement and connections. Never had any connection problem prior to a few days ago. 

0 Likes
SoVeryFrustrati

For that rare case, that so very unlikely possiblity, that Verizon monitors these forums and takes notice,  i've jumped through the hoops necessary to add my voice to this list. 

I  too have been having the same issue with my Fios Quantum router.

I would think it started 3 weeks ago.  My 2.4g  wifi does not disconnect, but daily and sometimes 2x daily my 5g wifi drops and doesn't reconnect until i reset the router.

the router is approx 1 year old and I never encountered this problem until it started 3 weeks ago.

I don't think the solution 'should be' that we should have to purchase another router, as has been suggested in this thread.

0 Likes
Jimbostro
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue. I tried 4 different channels and still same problem. THIS IS 100% VERIZON PROBLEM. They use cheap **bleep**ty equipment and their so called support engineers are **bleep**. We are paying monthly for their service and equipment, **bleep** should work 24/7 365. I switched back to Verizon back in Sept (big mistake) and 5ghz band has been working fine until a few weeks ago... Their service sucks, their equipment sucks and their support sucks but they have their hand out every month for payment.. 

5ghz band will not stay connected
Bmaore222
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am on my second  Fios router G1100 and both have the same problem  the 5ghz band will not stay connected  I tried a reboot and changing the channels and that works for about 1hr than the 5ghz band disconnects  image

wecoyote5
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi all, adding myself to the list, my router was working fine for years and the 5GHz starting acting up about a week or so ago. No changes to the settings in at least 6-8 months. Been monitoring this group to see if Verizon or anyone has uncovered a fix. The one thing I can add that works for me and may save a little time for the group is that if you can manage to log into your router (2.4G or wired) go to the 5G radio settings and disable/enable the 5G radio. This got it back online for me instead of having to wait for a full reboot.

bigjdjohndavid
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having the same problem started 2 days ago

bigjdjohndavid
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can log in the router and it show 5 ghz disconnected under network status. I can click on disable and then enable to get to activate but it only last a day or and hour. My gust is when all my devise connect it disconnect.

chubrock07
Enthusiast - Level 2

At the risk of sounding pesimistic, when will there be enough people who tack on with "me too" to merit a response on the matter? 

Just curious as the only thing to do now seems to be wait for VZ to fix the issue. But are we even sure they are aware that there is an issue?

cmo220
Enthusiast - Level 2

Throwing in my "me too" here.  My 5 ghz connection started dropping about twice a day.  This started about three weeks ago.  Verizon doesn't seem to be aware of this issue.  I got my replacement router yesterday, same problem.  Now they want to send me a third.  I said no.

The tech support supervisor told me they are aware of the issue.  But they still are having me do all the factory reset stuff.  Again.