Re: Quantum G1100 Router suddenly not keeping 5ghz connections
wecoyote5
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi all,

I don't want to hijack the thread so if anyone has just a quick answer I'd appreciate it. I am battling the same 5GHz radio issue as you all and I'm trying to go through the logs to try and identify a possible trigger for the radio going down and the log times are always 5hrs off of the real time. The router's system time is correct but the log times are always off. It makes it frustrating to review logs when the times aren't right.  I can obviously adjust for it but I was wondering if anyone knew why.

Thanks

0 Likes
RichLux
Contributor - Level 1

@wecoyote5 wrote:

Hi all,

I don't want to hijack the thread so if anyone has just a quick answer I'd appreciate it. I am battling the same 5GHz radio issue as you all and I'm trying to go through the logs to try and identify a possible trigger for the radio going down and the log times are always 5hrs off of the real time. The router's system time is correct but the log times are always off. It makes it frustrating to review logs when the times aren't right.  I can obviously adjust for it but I was wondering if anyone knew why.

Thanks

The logs are probably using Greenwich Mean Time or Zulu Time which is currenlty 5 hours later than Eastern Standard Time.  Many logging systems do this so you don't need to know which timezone the log was created in.

Greenwich Mean Time

Rich

Simbapenn
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is IPv6 enabled for people?  Mine is disabled.  

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have an android device, try loading an app called wifi analyzer.

If can tell you if the rotuer has quit transmitting or if you just can log into that ssid.

0 Likes
ymDroid
Enthusiast - Level 3

So I spoke to tech support for the 14th time in three weeks. 

Pointed this thread and the other one on DSL reports and despite teir 2 support acknowledging that it's more wide spread then they were aware of, they are sending me my 3rd Gateway in 2 weeks.

So much for technical support.

0 Likes
Bullet481
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I wonder what my chances are of getting Verizon to refund me for my router to supplement the cost of buying a new one that works? 

They should right?  I mean we buy into it all thinking it's their router we'll be safe right?

0 Likes
ymDroid
Enthusiast - Level 3

You'll still need it if you she TV and phone services.

0 Likes
Bullet481
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I know. Well maybe they'll meet us in the middle?  It's only doing half it's job right now. 

jonjones1
Legend

@Simbapenn wrote:

Is IPv6 enabled for people?  Mine is disabled.  

Verizon does not have IPv6 enabled for anyone.

0 Likes
ymDroid
Enthusiast - Level 3

One of my neighbors has the same issue as us and is trying to get Verizon to acknowledge the issue so they can release them from the contract and they can switch to Xfinity.

0 Likes