Re: Quantum G1100 Router suddenly not keeping 5ghz connections
MirthScout

A "me too" post...

I've been having problems with all of my wifi devices losing connection at the same time for about 3 weeks now.  Power cycling the G1100 gets everything connected and working again.  But all of my wifi devices will be disconnected again in between 8 and 36 hours.  I contacted Verizon about this a little over 2 weeks ago when I was sure beyond any reasonable doubt that the problem is the G1100.  I was told they were unaware of any existing problem with the G1100.  They have replaced my G1100 twice now and all 3 units exhibit the same behaviour.  I saw this thread and checked to find I have all of my devices configured for 5GHz.  I switched all of them to 2.4 GHz yesterday and am watching to see if they stay connected.

0 Likes
olearybm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Add me as another losing 5G connections

0 Likes
itsdaven
Enthusiast - Level 1

Received this from support on Twitter. Sounds like it's been confirmed as an issue and they're working to resolve it.

Edit for text:

"Hi Dave! Thank you. Currently there is an open issue and this is being investigated hopefully it will be fixed soon. Thank you for your continued patience."

0 Likes
RichLux
Contributor - Level 1

@itsdaven wrote:

Received this from support on Twitter. Sounds like it's been confirmed as an issue and they're working to resolve it.

Unfortuntately, we can't see your Twitter post.  Can you try posting again?

Rich

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@rich_lux wrote:

@itsdaven wrote:

Unfortuntately, we can't see your Twitter post.  Can you try posting again?

Rich

You will shortly. Verizon doesn’t show attachments right away for obvious reasons.

0 Likes
itsdaven
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sorry, updated to show text. 

0 Likes
Vfam1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Another "me too" post here. Very glad that I am not the only one suffering through this. I've been trying to figure out what went wrong for so long that I didn't check the forums. Wish I had sooner. Looking forward to when this is fixed.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Hey a poster at DSL Reports said they gave their guest network a different password impregnable I believe they said and the problem was solved.

although it seems far fetched it may be worth a try.

0 Likes
ymDroid
Enthusiast - Level 3

All those if you that are posting.

"Me too!" Or "Add me to the list"

You guys are actually calling tech support and reporting the issue right?

RichLux
Contributor - Level 1

@jonjones wrote:

Hey a poster at DSL Reports said they gave their guest network a different password impregnable I believe they said and the problem was solved.

although it seems far fetched it may be worth a try.

I've never had my guest wireless enabled, so that can't be the issue.

Rich