Re: Quantum G1100 Router suddenly not keeping 5ghz connections
amichael444
Enthusiast - Level 1

Another "victim" chiming in; strange twist though.  I've had all the same symptoms: started just after Thanksgiving, every time I reboot all is well for a few hours, this morning my 5.0 network was "disconnected"...

But a few hours after this morning's reboot it was my 2.4 network that was "disconnected".  I disabled and then re-enabled the 2.4 network (slightly less annoying than a reboot) and all is (temporarily) well again.

Anyway, my main point is that the issue may not be exclusive to th 5.0 network.  Verizon really should share some sort of info/update here.

Also worth mentioning, a Verizon tech came last Sat 12/23 and replaced the router and the "box" outside.  The problem persisted.  I called the tech (he left his number) and he was stumped.  I'd say Verizon should have at least made their techs aware by now.

0 Likes
Rob401

Just adding to the list. My 5ghz connection disconnects from the internet and the only solution seems to be a reboot 

0 Likes
CNewt
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also having the same problem with my 5ghz dropping off and only reconnecting after a reboot. 5Ghz stays on but only for a few hours then will not connect.

Any chance this has something to do with the recent FCC ruling on Net Neutrality? Just sayin'.

I NEED VERIZON TO TAKE CARE OF THIS OR I AM LOOKING ELSEWHERE FOR AN INTERNET PROVIDER!

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Look at rolmay posts in this thread. 

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r31729006-Networking-G1100-5ghz-not-working~start=200

Possible solution what could it hurt?

0 Likes
webcubus

Same problem everyone else has been seeing. I'm not entirely sure how long it's been going on for me since I've got a MOCA adapter that also hosts a wifi network that masked the issue for me. Here's hoping a fix is coming soon...

0 Likes
Quantify1

To that point...My FIOS Extender has also masked the problem for me.  I did go ahead and enable IPv6, and changed the password on the 5 GHz wireless...had no effect...the router is still dropping connections after a few hours.

0 Likes
codebrewer
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've run into the same issue with 5GHz connections dropping, however, changing the wireless security for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz to WPA/WPA2 Mixed mode seems to have fixed things (stable for a few days now).

0 Likes
5 GHz wi-fi not working
Candlestyx

This has been an ongoing problem for several months.  The 5 G wi-fi network says it can't work.  This is throwing all of my devices on the 2.4 G network.  I have called several times, restarted the router and done a factory reset of the router to no avail.  I called last on 12/23/17 and I was informed that this is a "known network issue."  I want to know how it can take Verizon so long to solve a known issue.  Or, as I suspect, it is a problem with my router and Verizon is too cheap to send me a new one.

0 Likes
brimundy

When I called Verizon Tech support a few nights ago the tech i spoke with said this is a known issue with the latest firmware update on the router and the manufacturer is working on a resolution.  When i asked for a date when it would be available, initially they didn't have a date for me, but upon asking for them to notify me when the update is available, they said it is expected by January 6th.  

0 Likes
clangschultz

I've had this probably at least the whole month of December. Only device on 5G has been my Chromecast Ultra, everything else on the slower band. All of December, when I'd try to use Chromecast it said it couldn't find the 5G network (different SSID then the other one). The Ultra model recommends only using 5G because of the 4k content. When it fails to find network, so does my phone or any other devices I browse for local networks on. Reboot of router brings back up, but is inconvenient. Signal strength is good after reboot, and Auto or manual channels don't resolve. The 5G just seems to randomly go down every day or so.

0 Likes