Re: Quantum G1100 Router suddenly not keeping 5ghz connections
rman4

Just received this router yesterday and the 5g connection doesn't last more then an hour.   Completely useless.   

0 Likes
Quantum G1100 firmware unstable wifi
jerrylotto1

Over the past couple of months, my Quantun G1100 router has been getting into a state where no new 5G wireless connections can be made.  Rebooting the router solves the problem.  It was happening about once a week until recently, now it is pretty much every morning that I have to reboot the router.  2.4 GHz works and wired ethernet is fine, the only problem seems to be with the 5G radio.  Searching the web I see that many others are experiencing this same issue starting with firmware 01.03.01.12 and persisting into 01.04.01.12 (the current release).  At least one person was told very recently that Verizon was aware of this problem and is working on a firmware fix, but no timeframe was given.  Downgrading solves the problem temporarily, but since firmware updates are "pushed" from Verizon, the problem comes back.  Can Verizon 1) confirm that this is a known problem and 2) give some idea if / when a firmware update might be released to fix it?

0 Likes
Re: Quantum G1100 firmware unstable wifi
jonjones1
Legend

Evidently you know there is quite a lengthy discussion on this already as you wrote.

this is a customer helping customer forum you will not get any official anything on this forum.

call 1-800-VERIZON and see if you get an answer.

Slim2000

Throwing my name in so I can follow this thread.  I've been having this problem for about a month and a half now. Same symptoms as others, the 5G will just stop working. If I log into the routher to change any of the channels, it fixes it temporarily, but will go out again within a few hours.  Hoping there is a fix for this soon. 

0 Likes
maestro2
Contributor - Level 1

It works fine for me since I switched from WPA2 to WPA2/WPA mixed mode. This mode is less secure though.

Verizon should offer credits to customers for this.

hermetic_charm

Throwing my name in here too.  I have had the issue with the 5 ghz channel for about a month now.  The last few days my 2.4 ghz channel has also intermittently been dropping below 1 mbps (75/75 plan).  Ethernet speeds are fine.  Besides the inconvenience, and the fact that I am paying to rent this hardware that doesn't even work, I am pretty upset that now my mobile bill is through the roof.  Before we realized that the 5 ghz channel was failing our mobile phones were basically stuck in limbo switching between the 2.4 and 5 channels.  This lead to the devices just using our mobile plan data (while thinking we were on home wifi) and eating up our data and going 3 times over the limit.

0 Likes
darienal

Omg why couldn't I have found this thread a month ago, I've have been suffering this exact same issue and I thought it something internal network related. 5g becomes unresponsive til router is restarted, then is usable for awhile, then refuses to let devices connect, or connect and no internet connectivity.

This thread was started at the beginning of December which is around the time I started seeing this issue, I cannot believe it hasn't been resolved yet. The Verizon service rep that I just did an online chat with told me about the problem that's when I did the search and found this forum.

On the one hand happy to find this thread and know its not just me, on the otherhand can't believe this hasn't been resovled yet.

0 Likes
ymDroid
Enthusiast - Level 3

I know what you mean. I'm ok with a problem if I know what the issue is. At least I can work to find the fix once I know what exactly is wrong. But finding out what's causing the problem in the first place is the headache.

Despite Verizon being aware, have you called and reported to tech support?

0 Likes
Scoutzer01
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue here with my G1100. It keeps dropping the 5g connection. I spoke with tech support who said that there was a firmware update that isn't working. I would like to know when Verizon is planning on reupdating the firmware and will we be discount on our bill since we're only getting half service.

0 Likes
eelhc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm glad I found this thread as well.  I too have been having intermittent issues with the 5GHz radio for around a month now.

If it is indeed due to a firmware update, why doesn't Verizon just roll back the firmware to the version(s) that worked flawless for several years now? 

0 Likes