Re: Quantum G1100 Router suddenly not keeping 5ghz connections
WMSigEp

Same issue here. Instability on the 5GHz channel since late November/early December. I've shut off my 5Ghz channel to temporarily address this bug but I'd like to know when it has been fixed so I can reenable the 5Ghz radio.

For those of you suffering from this issue, turn off your 5Ghz radio and just use your 2.4Ghz radio until Verizon fixes their firmware.

My current firmware version is 01.04.00.12

0 Likes
maestro2
Contributor - Level 1

@WMSigEp wrote:

Same issue here. Instability on the 5GHz channel since late November/early December. I've shut off my 5Ghz channel to temporarily address this bug but I'd like to know when it has been fixed so I can reenable the 5Ghz radio.

For those of you suffering from this issue, turn off your 5Ghz radio and just use your 2.4Ghz radio until Verizon fixes their firmware.

My current firmware version is 01.04.00.12

5GHz works fine for me since I switched from WPA2 to WPA2/WPA mixed mode. It is less secure and not usually recommended.

0 Likes
Downdraft
Enthusiast - Level 2

My G1100 router 5G dropped out once about six months ago. Had been in service for at least a year, flawlessly, prior. Resetting the ONT fixed the problem then, but sadly, not this time. Went through the motions with VZ tech support for an hour or so. Nice guy, "Edward", who finally admitted that there is a known problem with these routers. He did not know when the fix would come down. Offered to send me a new router but said it might fail as well. I opted not to jump through that hoop. Read a lot of "fixes" on http://www.dslreports.com and tried one that was suggested. Changed the 5G channel from Automatic to channel 153. Bingo! 5G started broadcasting right away. 5G has been working for three hours now but I suspect it is just a matter of time before it drops out again. Previous attempts by others to change channels resulted in only temporary success, from what I gather. There are lots of "fixes" on this and that forum and surprising that there are so many users with the G1100 with the same issue. I certainly hope that VZ comes up with a fix soon. My current firmware version is 01.04.00.12

0 Likes
Downdraft
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update on G1100 5G "change channel fix". 5G was up for 18 hours then crapped out. I suppose I will turn that radio off until VZ comes up with a fix. I have security cameras that will not work with 5G so dumping everything else on 2.4 is problematic.

0 Likes
Downdraft
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tried the mixed mode but did not work for me. Turned off 5G radio. Waiting for VZ to fix.

0 Likes
jeffOfBklyn

I have the same problem with my Quantum gateway.  5G will not stay connected.  Unbelievably bad service from FIOS - they denied there was a problem on the first call.  I got another tech who said they were working with the vendor for a fix.  But how did such a large flaw get past testing?

0 Likes
_Orion_

Same issue here. Fios Quantum Gateway Router intermittently stops broadcasting 5G SSID, and all 5G clients drop their connections. Rebooting the router helps for a little while, but inevitably the issue pops up again. I've tried resetting the ONT, resetting the router, changing 5G broadcast channels, etc. but none of this have worked.

I logged a case with Verizon to be escalated (though I am deferring on router replacement until I see some positive signs in this thread).

0 Likes
Ryan4157
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yea I've had my 5GHz disabled for a few weeks though. 2.4 still isn't stable either. My Nintendo Switch gets disconnected constantly to the point where I don't even want to try to play online anymore. Hopefully Verizon patches soon, otherwise I've got a fancy $150.00 router shaped paperweight.

VAStateOfMind

Indeed. I've tried disabling 5.0 as well, but that makes 2.4 painfully overloaded, and I find my three Google Home and Home Mini units are constantly disconnecting on 2.4 alone. It is obscene that Verizon FiOS offers this kind of service when they've charged most of us either $100 or $150 for this junky router. I feel worse for those who continually rent the dang thing on a monthly basis.

0 Likes
TommRXE
Enthusiast - Level 2

Soooooo.....haven't heard anything about any progress or lack there of here lately. Anybody know what's the latest status about the update that was supposed to have arrived by now? ANYBODY!?

0 Likes