Re: Quantum G1100 Router suddenly not keeping 5ghz connections
eddy001

Hi all,

I'm assuming no real resolution has been identified? I have the same issue and have tried all obvious steps:

- Originally Verizon thought it was a router issue so they sent me a replacement but I'm having the same issue with the replacment router.

- Both SSIDs have completely different names / passwords.

- 2.4ghz is set to automatic channel selection

- For 5ghz, I've tried automatic as well as manually setting channel to pretty much all available options. After changing the channel it works for a few hours and goes down.

- Channel width for 2.4ghz is 20 and for 5ghz it's 80 but this is the setting that the Quantum G1100 router doesn't let you change anyway.

I've spent days on this but no luck. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
arifiano

Well I am having the SAME ISSUE!!! Started in Dec 2017 and today is Jan 13th and I have done everything to try to resolve this. Reset router several times...renamed SSIDs...channels  etc. 

This has to be a Verizon thing...they must have rolled something out. 

my 5GHZ is completely whacked....out of the blue. It was working fine till December. It works for a few hours and then just shuts down or something. I have to restart router to get it working again. 

I thought i was crazy! 🙂

0 Likes
MiaL

I also have had the same issue and have contacted customer service 3 times this week. 

0 Likes
mikesully1

Add me to the list. Same exact issue, tried all the "fixes" available, nothing sticks. Turned off 5gz until it's stable. Hope an update comes through soon.

0 Likes
Tc110

I've been having the same issue for months. I've contacted Verizon supports multiple times but every time they reset the router or change the channel and it comes back for a couple hours before dropping out again. I've been forced to move everything over to the 2.4 ghz band. I may be forced to abandon this router. Overall I'm having a very poor experience with this hardware and Verizon support...

0 Likes
Steb0ne
Enthusiast - Level 3

I too have been having the same issue... But what I did was actually the opposite of what everyone suggested. I noticed when I had both the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz enabled the problem would have almost daily... So one day playing around in the MyFios app I disabled the 2.4 and enabled the guest network which at the time brought back my 5Ghz connection only to see it go back out the next day. So then I thought hmmm...

I disabled the 2.4Ghz radio completely (both the regular and guest networks) and my 5Ghz network has been much more stable since... maybe only needing to reboot the router only once or twice in over 3 weeks whereas before it was needed like everyday! I only have like 3 devices that use the 2.4Ghz band so what I ended up doing is hooking up an old Gen1 MI424WR configuring it to disable DHCP and setting it up to broadcast the 2.4Ghz network. 

0 Likes
tkc21

I'm having the same problem. Noticed it about a week ago. Tried rebooting the router but it didn't help. Connecting to 2.4 in the imterim.

0 Likes
Geo57

I read the thread with interest. I switched to Spectrum from FIOS in April or May of 2017. I am using the G1100 router as a wifi access point. Have had no problems with 5 ghz signal. Perhaps it is because Verizon can not or hasn't pushed an update to my router. All seems good.

On another topic I found the usb ports on my Spectrum router are active. It's a technicolor TC8717t. I can easily set up usb hard drives and/or Flash Drives as Network shared drives. Neat !

0 Likes
Jweimn1

I too am having the same issue, support can't seem to fix it at all. I may have to get my own router if this continues for much longer 

0 Likes
Steb0ne
Enthusiast - Level 3

It appears

@Geo57 wrote:

I read the thread with interest. I switched to Spectrum from FIOS in April or May of 2017. I am using the G1100 router as a wifi access point. Have had no problems with 5 ghz signal. Perhaps it is because Verizon can not or hasn't pushed an update to my router. All seems good.

On another topic I found the usb ports on my Spectrum router are active. It's a technicolor TC8717t. I can easily set up usb hard drives and/or Flash Drives as Network shared drives. Neat !

It appears to be firmware 01.04.00.12 that's affected

0 Likes