Re: Quantum G1100 Router suddenly not keeping 5ghz connections
jonjones1
Legend

If you read the link, it can be used with a MOCA adapter or a splitter.

you never need a Verizon router. It’s what Verizon likes to tell customers to foster more MONEY

the link I gave gives many ways to connect. Including using a customer supplied router and how to keep tv etc. 

Steb0ne
Enthusiast - Level 3

@jonjones wrote:

you never need a Verizon router. It’s what Verizon likes to tell customers to foster more MONEY

the link I gave gives many ways to connect. Including using a customer supplied router and how to keep tv etc. 

Okay, lol! Lemme know how that works out for you

0 Likes
Steb0ne
Enthusiast - Level 3

@jonjones wrote:

Also notice I said... "Work properly"... And depending on which STB you're using you'll find results vary on that configuration you describe. 

In addition... You try to call in for help when stuff don't work and there's literally no support, lol! So instead of buying a MOCA adapter or splitter you'd be better off buying an old Verizon router off eBay and piggybacking your own

Re: Customer Communications -- Significant 5G Gateway Router Issue
jonjones1
Legend

The Netgear is sweet, huh?

the problem is Verizon Fios can know about the issue but it’s Greenwave that makes the device and they are the ones to fix it.

Verizon does not make the Quantum Gateway Router so it’s a wait for the manufacturer to do the repair or update.

its like the auto companies with takata airbags. The automobile companies are aware of the issues and have known for quite sometime but it’s the now defunct air bag company that is responsible to fix.

Your car can still be driven but it’s not as safe. Same with the router, it can still be used but it may be iffy on full functionality. And there are work arounds. 

Which are posted on different sites.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Steb0ne wrote:

Also notice I said... "Work properly"... And depending on which STB you're using you'll find results vary on that configuration you describe. 

In addition... You try to call in for help when stuff don't work and there's literally no support, lol! So instead of buying a MOCA adapter or splitter you'd be better off buying an old Verizon router off eBay and piggybacking your own

That may true as to the support, but on using certain setups the tv works and that is really all that matters.

Just remember Verizon is not going to try and assist you on removing their equipment when it’s taking profits away from the corporate. No company is going to place their profits over the consumer.

0 Likes
Steb0ne
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm

@jonjones wrote:

@Steb0ne wrote:

That may true as to the support, but on using certain setups the tv works and that is really all that matters.

Just remember Verizon is not going to try and assist you on removing their equipment when it’s taking profits away from the corporate. No company is going to place their profits over the consumer.

To some degree that's true but not always... A lot of people aren't paying Verizon for those routers anyway. They got them for free with certain packages so it's no money lost or affecting profits. They still getting their money from the data plan. If someone is renting the router then I'd say that yes that would hurt their profits. 

I do however think that most customers aren't that tech savvy and are gonna call Verizon for help and support. More advanced users aren't even going to call, lol! Only reason I'm even commenting on this thread is because it showed up on my Google Now feed and I had something to contribute. 

0 Likes
Mccutchen45

Same here! Help! Been over a month. 

0 Likes
Bjr21

Same here. I saw the thread on Google now and was interested because i had the same problem. Verizon's marketing or lack thereof,  baffles me and irritates rhe crap out of me. Did i miss a tech note from them describing the problem, and maybe a fix?

0 Likes
Steb0ne
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Bjr2 wrote:

Same here. I saw the thread on Google now and was interested because i had the same problem. Verizon's marketing or lack thereof,  baffles me and irritates rhe crap out of me. Did i miss a tech note from them describing the problem, and maybe a fix?

What's crazy is that employees didn't even know about the bug until a couple weeks ago, lol! Probably cuz they noticed everybody sending new routers

0 Likes
JV42

Same here, 5G keeps disconnecting and cannot connect without rebooting the router but it only lasts for a few hours and then disconnect from 5G. Call Verizon at least a half a dozen times they kept telling me that there's something causing interference in my house. We have other 5G router setup as access points and they work fine. I'm calling to get a reduction in price on my service until the fix it. 

0 Likes