Re: Quantum G1100 Router suddenly not keeping 5ghz connections
steamcarriage1
I've been having the 5G issue discussed since mid-December. Did the router change with Verizon and the new one still has the same issues. Have tried all the suggested "fixes" and find out like others they don't make 5G totally reliable. It dawned on me that MyFiOS app might be an issue. You can change some Gateway parameters from the app so perhaps its the root cause. Uninstalled the app from my Tablet and phone. Well the 5G stayed operational for 2 days then stopped communicating. Power cycled the Gateway and got another day before 5G went south. So I reinstalled the My FiOS app as its obviously not the problem. Thought it was worth the effort to try as no one has mentioned the app and it does have access to the Gateway's settings. Just thought I'd post an idea I had, tried, and it didn't solve anything. Still waiting on Verizon to correct this like everyone else I guess.
0 Likes
kdecoteau1

Hi all. I notice that, my internet been doing that for some time now, constantly cutting off and no connection. Most times I have to power off and reconnect the device to get it working. Lately I have to used my Verizon Note 8 as mobile hotspot for my Amazon Fire TV, because of the constant disconnection of my fios internet. Hopefully Verizon can come out with a (Wave 2 wireless router) the current router Antenna have very weak strength. I been using an Old T-Mobile ASUS CellSpot as my router, the only bad thing, it doesn't come with a Coax Cable connection for the fios tv. Other than that, it works great 👍. So maybe Verizon comes out with a very good router.

0 Likes
LittleMike1

+1 to having this issue.

So Verizon has finally decided to acknowledge the issue? A few weeks ago I called in having this problem with wireless dropping (only on the 5GHz band) and the guy on the phone tried to tell me it was my computer. I told him multiple devices that use the 5GHz band drop off and rebooting the router resolves it for a day or so, so how could it be my computer? He clearly isn't a tech.

Anyway, I discovered (as some here have) that just going into the myfiosgateway site and changing the channel on the 5GHz band will force it to work again, but it doesn't last for me.

I lease the 1100 from Verizon because it was cheaper. I'm kind of glad I didn't buy it, because if they do decide to scrap it for another model (as unlikely as that is), then I would get it at no charge.

So have their been any solutions yet or are we still just relegated to using workarounds for now? I don't want to go out and buy a separate router and a more complicated gateway/AP setup just to resolve an issue with the router.

0 Likes
Steb0ne
Enthusiast - Level 3

@LittleMike wrote:

+1 to having this issue.

So Verizon has finally decided to acknowledge the issue? A few weeks ago I called in having this problem with wireless dropping (only on the 5GHz band) and the guy on the phone tried to tell me it was my computer. I told him multiple devices that use the 5GHz band drop off and rebooting the router resolves it for a day or so, so how could it be my computer? He clearly isn't a tech.

Anyway, I discovered (as some here have) that just going into the myfiosgateway site and changing the channel on the 5GHz band will force it to work again, but it doesn't last for me.

I lease the 1100 from Verizon because it was cheaper. I'm kind of glad I didn't buy it, because if they do decide to scrap it for another model (as unlikely as that is), then I would get it at no charge.

So have their been any solutions yet or are we still just relegated to using workarounds for now? I don't want to go out and buy a separate router and a more complicated gateway/AP setup just to resolve an issue with the router.

They have acknowledged the issue. Right now the best work around that I've tested is disabling the 2.4ghz (that at least for me keeps my 5ghz network working longer than any other work around (usually lasts me a week or two which is better than the every other day disconnects)

0 Likes
Tbreezy007

I've been experiencing the same issues from months at my house and today I'm at my mother's and she is experiencing the same thing. Verizon obviously has to know they have this problem. Their atitude is, they will deal with it when they get ready,  so shut up and wait.  Meanwhile, just restart your routers and do all of this crap we already know isn't a permanent fix. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Tbreezy007 wrote:

I've been experiencing the same issues from months at my house and today I'm at my mother's and she is experiencing the same thing. Verizon obviously has to know they have this problem. Their atitude is, they will deal with it when they get ready,  so shut up and wait.  Meanwhile, just restart your routers and do all of this crap we already know isn't a permanent fix. 

Verizon doesn’t make the routers. Greenwave makes them. If you have any gripe it’s with the manufacturer. If you owned a Asus router you wouldn’t blame Verizon or Charter. You go after the maker of the router. Or you buy a better premium router.

0 Likes
Scoutzer01
Enthusiast - Level 2

So Verizon CS said that Greenwave is responsible for releasing the patch and Verizon isn't sure when that might be. So find Greenwave on Twitter and request a timeframe on when they'll release the patch.

0 Likes
JV42

Guess what: Verizon sells and supports the router. They have to fix it! Or you can just let them off the hook and live with it and kiss their **bleep**.  For $200 a month I expect better. If you have a problem just fess up and ask me to wait for a fix and I will be patient. Don’t tell me it’s my environment and waist hours of my time blaming interfence in my House over and over again.  This is not some mom and pop shop but they behave like one! Stand up!!!!

0 Likes
JV42

Verizon has to drive push for the fix from Greenwave and communicate with their customers!

0 Likes
Tomtunnel1

I was having the same problem as everyone else with the 5g. I called Verizon support twice with two different answers to the problem. The second fix corrected the problem. You need to change your ssid name for the 5g. The 2.4 and 5g cannot be the same name. Just add -5g to the ssid name of the 5g. I hope this helps everyone with the fix. 

0 Likes