Re: Quantum G1100 Router suddenly not keeping 5ghz connections
BvZ1

@Sardonnicus

The rep I talked to yesterday indicated it had to do with firmware. I have a similar experience where some devices in my house cannot see the 5Ghz network and some can, and resetting the modem gets the 5Ghz working for a little bit and then it drops again.

My new strategy is to tweet @VerizonFiOS each day for an update...put their feet to the fire a little more publicly since they refuse to give us consumers more details on what is happening

0 Likes
Re: No 5g
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

First off, Verizon does not use modems, but routers.

What model router did you get.
The only router they have that has 5G is the G1100.

And as you can see there is currently a software issue that affects some routers and devices.

I have a G1100 and 5G works just fine with my devices.

0 Likes
Sardonnicus

@BvZ CONTRIBUTOR

I am a northern Virginia Verizon customer as well.  Verizon has not indicated that I will be receiving a discount on my bill during this time.  So currently I am paying extra for a service that I am currently not receiving.

0 Likes
BvZ1

@Sardonnicus wrote:

@BvZ CONTRIBUTOR

I am a northern Virginia Verizon customer as well.  Verizon has not indicated that I will be receiving a discount on my bill during this time.  So currently I am paying extra for a service that I am currently not receiving.

I doubt they would ever rebate anybody for the inconvenience, but I am sure as heck going to harass them regularily until this is resolved, because seeing the size of this forum this is not an isolated issue. The frustrating part is that they are not giving users updates or reporting on the progress to a solution, or even willing to identify where the problem in the firmware update lies

0 Likes
Fix_my_5G

My 5G is also unusable. Rep told me they are working on a firmware fix -- let's see how many years that will take. Any reputable company would have either fixed the issue or refunded the customers. Too bad Verizon is a monopoly and cannot be properly dis-incentivized by switching to a different ISP.

0 Likes
maestro2
Contributor - Level 1

@Fix_my_5G wrote:

My 5G is also unusable. Rep told me they are working on a firmware fix -- let's see how many years that will take. Any reputable company would have either fixed the issue or refunded the customers. Too bad Verizon is a monopoly and cannot be properly dis-incentivized by switching to a different ISP.

Agreed, but in my area Comcast is available as well, and I cannot say that Verizon is a monopoly.

0 Likes
CHILI501

What is the document number I may be able to locate it. 

0 Likes
CHILI501

Your right, Verizon keeps saying the line is providing 990down and 880up but when I run their software my computer that is cabled into the Router is only getting 650 down and 580 up. So I said where did the extra speed go, they said the software must be wrong. So I ran a different speed test and got almost the same reading. 

0 Likes
Candlestyx

I am having the same problems with the 5G wifi network and I have called Verizon numerous times nd I get the answer: It is a known network issue.  Changing the router will do no good, since it seems to be in the network.  

I have also seen the "phantom 5G network" that comes from my router.  It is a strong signal and it goes up and down in strength like a wquare wave.  It is on the same channel as the home 5G network and when I change channels, it changes too.

No one at Verizon has ever heard of this phantom network.

0 Likes
maestro2
Contributor - Level 1

@Candlestyx wrote:

I am having the same problems with the 5G wifi network and I have called Verizon numerous times nd I get the answer: It is a known network issue.  Changing the router will do no good, since it seems to be in the network.  

I have also seen the "phantom 5G network" that comes from my router.  It is a strong signal and it goes up and down in strength like a wquare wave.  It is on the same channel as the home 5G network and when I change channels, it changes too.

No one at Verizon has ever heard of this phantom network.

No phantom networks here. You may need to reset your router, or at least reboot?

0 Likes