Re: Quantum G1100 Router suddenly not keeping 5ghz connections
bjan5938

Do I really need to perform a factory reset in order to trigger the new firmware to be installed?  I have a lot of customized configurations (port forwarding, MAC authentication... etc) which I really don't want to re-enter if I don't absolutely have to.

0 Likes
JV42

I just did a factory reset and it does not work. Thanks Verizon for wasting more.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@JV42 wrote:

I just did a factory reset and it does not work. Thanks Verizon for wasting more.

Yep according to this link https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r31729006-Networking-G1100-5ghz-not-working~start=300

the issue is not fixed, in fact the new trial firmware has only been received by some few customers and they state it does no improvement.

0 Likes
RichLux
Contributor - Level 1

@jonjones wrote:

@JV42 wrote:

Yep according to this link https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r31729006-Networking-G1100-5ghz-not-working~start=300

the issue is not fixed, in fact the new trial firmware has only been received by some few customers and they state it does no improvement.

The firmware they are talking about in that thread is 02.00.01.05, so perhaps this one (.07)  does fix the issue.

Rich

0 Likes
JV42

Is there anyway to get the new firmware without having to wait for Verizon?

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@JV42 wrote:

Is there anyway to get the new firmware without having to wait for Verizon?

Nope. You have to wait for Verizon.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

@bjan5938 wrote:

Do I really need to perform a factory reset in order to trigger the new firmware to be installed?  I have a lot of customized configurations (port forwarding, MAC authentication... etc) which I really don't want to re-enter if I don't absolutely have to.

You can save off configs and then import them back in.

0 Likes
JV42

But do you really need to do a factory reset to get the new firmware once it’s out? It seems not. Previous posts indicate that the update will be pushed out overnight. Or will the reset allow you to get it ASAP once it is out?

0 Likes
steamcarriage1

I have Firmware  02.00.01.07 for a week or so now and the 5G has not gone offline.  I've not needed to reset anything. So fingers are crossed it continues that way.

0 Likes
McLean1

I had the same problem for several months. The ONT outside was replaced, the techs did work on the pole outside, I replaced the router twice, rewired my system with cat 6 cable, reset the router countless time and had five different tech visits. Nothing worked. The connection kept failing. Hours on the phone with tech support and the problem continued. Countless tech support chats with no solution. 

I tested the router for a week and it continually failed. The failure would last 3 to 5 seconds and would happen 100 times in 30 minutes.

I finally replaced the Verizon router with an Asus router and this solved the problem. The Verizon router evidently has a fundamental design defect. I put the Verizon router behind the Asus router and the Verizon router would fail but the Asus router did not. 

I have now had almost one month without incident. No router reboots, no dropped signals. 

Bottom line is replace the Verizon router with another high-quality manufacturer's router.

There have been posts on this issue since 2015. Verizon must know their router  has a design oroblem. 

0 Likes