Switch Account

Quantum G1100 Router suddenly not keeping 5ghz connections

Quantum G1100 Router suddenly not keeping 5ghz connections

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 371 of 416
(2,036 Views)

You know when DirectTVNOW first started there were so many complaints against the service that customers were saying it was in beta testing. However bad it was at the start I stayed because $35 for life was a good deal. And sure enough 1 year later they are the fastest growing streaming tv service out there. So beta testing worked.

in all seriousness when there is a firmware update for my Netgear I and everyone else get to put the new one on the device. Now think about this Greenwave (Verizon) situation. Some people claim they received it. Why not all customers? those that have received it some said it was gone after a short time and it was rolled back to previous. Does that sound like beta testing the firmware? 

Points to ponder. Also you had one forum member claim they received it and it is working. What do you think?

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 372 of 416
(2,005 Views)

There is a widespread update that started yesterday,

I received mine.

I understand others have as well,

But if you don't have it, I would contact support.

My suggestion is twitter @verizonsupport.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I
Message 373 of 416
(1,969 Views)

@jonjones wrote:

You know when DirectTVNOW first started there were so many complaints against the service that customers were saying it was in beta testing. However bad it was at the start I stayed because $35 for life was a good deal. And sure enough 1 year later they are the fastest growing streaming tv service out there. So beta testing worked.

in all seriousness when there is a firmware update for my Netgear I and everyone else get to put the new one on the device. Now think about this Greenwave (Verizon) situation. Some people claim they received it. Why not all customers? those that have received it some said it was gone after a short time and it was rolled back to previous. Does that sound like beta testing the firmware? 

Points to ponder. Also you had one forum member claim they received it and it is working. What do you think?

I signed up for directv now as soon as it became available as well. I did not notice any issues then, except for some channels playing music instead of commercials (I liked that better :)). I even got apple tv for free as I paid for three month of directv now at once. And I am willingly testing the directv now beta, that offers recording.

The difference is: directv now was a newly launched service, and fios Internet is not.

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 374 of 416
(1,930 Views)

@maestro wrote:

@jonjones wrote:

I signed up for directv now as soon as it became available as well. I did not notice any issues then, except for some channels playing music instead of commercials (I liked that better :)). I even got apple tv for free as I paid for three month of directv now at once. And I am willingly testing the directv now beta, that offers recording.

The difference is: directv now was a newly launched service, and fios Internet is not.

Companies do beta testing all the time. Microsoft and Apple just a few that are well established and do beta. Also some modem and router manufacturers also do the same.

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I
Message 375 of 416
(1,851 Views)

@jonjones wrote:

@maestro wrote:

@jonjones wrote:

Companies do beta testing all the time. Microsoft and Apple just a few that are well established and do beta. Also some modem and router manufacturers also do the same.

Very true, but customers are usually aware about the beta testing, and give their consent.

Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I
Message 376 of 416
(1,850 Views)

@CRobGauth wrote:

There is a widespread update that started yesterday,

I received mine.

I understand others have as well,

But if you don't have it, I would contact support.

@my suggestion is twitter @verizonsupport.

Nope, no update here.

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III
Message 377 of 416
(1,775 Views)

Unfortunately, it appears the only way to force upgrade is factory reset.

Save off configs first.

Reset and then import configs.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I
Message 378 of 416
(1,729 Views)

@CRobGauth wrote:

Unfortunately, it appears the only way to force upgrade is factory reset.

Save off configs first.

Reset and then import configs.

Yes, indeed. Backup, reset, restore.

Now I have Firmware Version 02.00.01.07.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor Bmaore222
Copper Contributor
Message 379 of 416
(1,609 Views)

I would not be so mad if Verizon did not make me upgrade my router because that was the only way to receive faster internet speeds, whats the point of having a router in 2018 that only has 2.4 GHz band 

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III
Message 380 of 416
(1,578 Views)

Don't understand comment.

What model rotuer do you have?

How did you get it?

For longer term customers, Verizon had previously given out routers for free.

Then they, like some other providers, started charging for routers. Either by renting or purchasing.

The only router that Verizon supplies that supports 5G is the G1100.

But if you don't use Verizon STBs, you can use whatever model router you wish.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.