Re: Quantum G1100 Router suddenly not keeping 5ghz connections
Jeffro
Enthusiast - Level 2

Going on 20 days stable now with the new firmware.  5GHz working, everything working well - as it used to be.  Hope everyone is now getting the new firmware; I have no idea how I got it earlier this month.

I agree - thanks to everyone involved, including those on this forum.  You raised awareness and solicited feedback from all of us to contact Verizon, log our issue and ultimately get the firmware updated.  Thanks to everyone!

ravensfaninnova
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had 5G signal dropping before, but it has not dropped in the past week (5G set to Automatic). I just confirmed new firmware, and when a checked a week or two ago I idd not have it, yet. Hoping it stays like it is.

0 Likes
mlg3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Because I have a very long but narrow space with old thick plaster walls I always need more than one router.  And because I live in a terrible cell reception area, I also need to use said router for my phone.
I'm using the full size Netgear Orbi Mesh system with two satellites and it works quite well.  You can also use just the main Orbi router which I have found to throw a good wireless signal.

0 Likes
Downdraft
Enthusiast - Level 2

Bmaore222 thanks for the 5ghz channel tip. I thought the problem was finally fixed after the firmware update. Worked fine for over a week, no hickups. I went away for 10 days and upon my return the 5ghz channel was asleep again. I changed the channel from auto to 44 and it is working again. We shall see...

0 Likes
Bakerrbakerr

The 5ghz connection continues to drop randomly at times, even with the newest firmware 02.00.01.08. I notice it mostly when playing Xbox Live because the connection drops just enough to kick me out of every game, it's very frustrating.

At this point i'm not sure what to do, i'd love to get rid of this but I can't lose the TV features that come along with having it. 

Has anyone been able to replace this piece of garbage with their own set up, keeping the Moca functionality for TV?

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Bakerrbakerrwrote:

The 5ghz connection continues to drop randomly at times, even with the newest firmware 02.00.01.08. I notice it mostly when playing Xbox Live because the connection drops just enough to kick me out of every game, it's very frustrating.

At this point i'm not sure what to do, i'd love to get rid of this but I can't lose the TV features that come along with having it. 

Has anyone been able to replace this piece of garbage with their own set up, keeping the Moca functionality for TV?

You can use your own router with a MOCA adapter to have the VOD and channel guide. Just do a search on the forum on the steps to achieve it. Or here https://m.wikihow.com/Use-Your-Own-Router-With-Verizon-FiOS

0 Likes
rich-lux

@jonjoneswrote: 

You can use your own router with a MOCA adapter to have the VOD and channel guide. Just do a search on the forum on the steps to achieve it. Or here https://m.wikihow.com/Use-Your-Own-Router-With-Verizon-FiOS

Without the Verizon router, you won't get remote DVR access outside your own network.

Rich

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Ah ha...that is good to know.

0 Likes
maestro2
Contributor - Level 1

I dont have the answer to your question about MOCA, but I would recommend switching to streaming TV and get rid of all the TV boxes.

Pretty much everything is available for streaming nowadays.

Streaming TV providers, like SlingTV and DirecTV Now, offer free hardware, like Roku Stick, Apple TV, etc.

And DirecTV Now is in the testing phase of cloud DVR functionality.

0 Likes
Any update on the BHR4 5GHz connectivity bug?
willman42
Enthusiast - Level 2

Seeing as this bug renders 5GHz wifi completely unusable, I'd imagine this is a pretty high severity issue. 5GHz is essential to have for home networks, especially in crowded areas like apartments, for its large spread of channels and minimal interference with other home appliances...

VZ - Any update on this??

0 Likes