Re: Quantum G1100 Router suddenly not keeping 5ghz connections
JD_4x4
Enthusiast - Level 1

Curious as well to know if this is fixed.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@JD_4x4wrote:

Curious as well to know if this is fixed.

A firmware update has already been pushed out. 

Not many complaints now day. It was fixed is my guess.

Downdraft
Enthusiast - Level 2

Problem has been fixed at my place for a good while now. I hard wired ethernet before the fix. I get better results than with wifi.

0 Likes
JohnS

This has not been fixed for me. After the firmware update, it was good for about 3 weeks. Then it went out - no 5ghz. I called support and he guy said I needed to change my channel to 149. He did that, and, as with every change, it was good again. This time it lasted about 2 weeks. It went out on Saturday, 5/19. I didn't want to call over the weekend, so I just rebooted, which brought it back.  I will call it in this week and see what they say.

0 Likes
rich-lux

I'm also starting to see disconnections again.  I'm having to reconnect my devices often

Rich

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@JohnS wrote:

This has not been fixed for me. After the firmware update, it was good for about 3 weeks. Then it went out - no 5ghz. I called support and he guy said I needed to change my channel to 149. He did that, and, as with every change, it was good again. This time it lasted about 2 weeks. It went out on Saturday, 5/19. I didn't want to call over the weekend, so I just rebooted, which brought it back.  I will call it in this week and see what they say.

You could ask for a new router from Verizon. The replacement may function as needed.

you can also buy a better high end router with external antenna and beam forming and multiple bands a/ac/b/g/n I believe there is another band being tested. But no devices will use it for quite sometime.

now you could ask a friend to borrow a router and see if the same thing occurs.

Hope it all works out for you.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@rich-lux wrote:

I'm also starting to see disconnections again.  I'm having to reconnect my devices often

Rich

Do you think Verizon sent out yet another update? 

I know you are the original poster and I thought it was all set. I have not seen any posts except one related to a update. The one at DSL Reports. However the original poster was calling the actiontec router with a Fios Quantum Gateway updated firmware.

someone there did ask the poster to verify what they are using.

0 Likes
rich-lux

I don't know if Verizon pushed out another update (I doubt it).  I just know that my devices haven't been keeping a stable connection lately.  It's not like it was before where they couldn't connect at all on 5ghz.  They just seem to be dropping their connection often and, in some cases, I need to re-add the connection manually because the device can't find the network (I don't broadcast my SID).

Rich

0 Likes
maestro2
Contributor - Level 1

I have noticed wifi disconnecting on a couple of my devices (Windows 10 desktop and Apple TV) for the past two weeks.

I have to check, if there was another Quantum router firmware update since the last update, that seemed to fix this 5GHz issue.

0 Likes
soxhouse

So can someone techy out there help me (non-techie). So I am a Fios internet only-no longer using router for TV on demand, etc. Can I just take the coax that is in my old router and plug it in to a new high-end router and call it a day? Is there anything more that I have to do? Again I am not a techie guy here so sorry for the dumb question but at this point I would rather just spend a few hundred dollars on a good router and be done with it as I constantly lose my 5G and frankly have poor coverage in a home that is not all that big . I bought the gateway router outright originally so I’m not paying any monthly charge on it anyway

0 Likes