Switch Account

Quantum G1100 Router suddenly not keeping 5ghz connections

Quantum G1100 Router suddenly not keeping 5ghz connections

Highlighted
Contributor JD_4x4
Contributor
Message 401 of 416
(1,698 Views)

Curious as well to know if this is fixed.

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 402 of 416
(1,696 Views)

@JD_4x4wrote:

Curious as well to know if this is fixed.

A firmware update has already been pushed out. 

Not many complaints now day. It was fixed is my guess.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor Downdraft
Copper Contributor
Message 403 of 416
(1,546 Views)

Problem has been fixed at my place for a good while now. I hard wired ethernet before the fix. I get better results than with wifi.

Highlighted
Contributor JohnS
Contributor
Message 404 of 416
(1,494 Views)

This has not been fixed for me. After the firmware update, it was good for about 3 weeks. Then it went out - no 5ghz. I called support and he guy said I needed to change my channel to 149. He did that, and, as with every change, it was good again. This time it lasted about 2 weeks. It went out on Saturday, 5/19. I didn't want to call over the weekend, so I just rebooted, which brought it back.  I will call it in this week and see what they say.

Highlighted
Contributor rich-lux
Contributor
Message 405 of 416
(1,493 Views)

I'm also starting to see disconnections again.  I'm having to reconnect my devices often

Rich

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 406 of 416
(1,493 Views)

@JohnS wrote:

This has not been fixed for me. After the firmware update, it was good for about 3 weeks. Then it went out - no 5ghz. I called support and he guy said I needed to change my channel to 149. He did that, and, as with every change, it was good again. This time it lasted about 2 weeks. It went out on Saturday, 5/19. I didn't want to call over the weekend, so I just rebooted, which brought it back.  I will call it in this week and see what they say.

You could ask for a new router from Verizon. The replacement may function as needed.

you can also buy a better high end router with external antenna and beam forming and multiple bands a/ac/b/g/n I believe there is another band being tested. But no devices will use it for quite sometime.

now you could ask a friend to borrow a router and see if the same thing occurs.

Hope it all works out for you.

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 407 of 416
(1,478 Views)

@rich-lux wrote:

I'm also starting to see disconnections again.  I'm having to reconnect my devices often

Rich

Do you think Verizon sent out yet another update? 

I know you are the original poster and I thought it was all set. I have not seen any posts except one related to a update. The one at DSL Reports. However the original poster was calling the actiontec router with a Fios Quantum Gateway updated firmware.

someone there did ask the poster to verify what they are using.

Highlighted
Contributor rich-lux
Contributor
Message 408 of 416
(1,377 Views)

I don't know if Verizon pushed out another update (I doubt it).  I just know that my devices haven't been keeping a stable connection lately.  It's not like it was before where they couldn't connect at all on 5ghz.  They just seem to be dropping their connection often and, in some cases, I need to re-add the connection manually because the device can't find the network (I don't broadcast my SID).

Rich

Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I
Message 409 of 416
(1,350 Views)

I have noticed wifi disconnecting on a couple of my devices (Windows 10 desktop and Apple TV) for the past two weeks.

I have to check, if there was another Quantum router firmware update since the last update, that seemed to fix this 5GHz issue.

Highlighted
Contributor soxhouse
Contributor
Message 410 of 416
(1,127 Views)

So can someone techy out there help me (non-techie). So I am a Fios internet only-no longer using router for TV on demand, etc. Can I just take the coax that is in my old router and plug it in to a new high-end router and call it a day? Is there anything more that I have to do? Again I am not a techie guy here so sorry for the dumb question but at this point I would rather just spend a few hundred dollars on a good router and be done with it as I constantly lose my 5G and frankly have poor coverage in a home that is not all that big . I bought the gateway router outright originally so I’m not paying any monthly charge on it anyway

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.