Quantum G1100 Static IP
NEIL13764
Contributor - Level 2
I have a tablet that now gets it IP automatically from the modem but I want to assign it a static IP. I know how to assign static IPs but the device is currently listed in the connections and I do not see a way to delete it. So now when I try to assign a static IP the modem tells me that the mac address is already in the list.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Quantum G1100 Static IP
NEIL13764
Contributor - Level 2
Login in to router click on advanced tab Click yes Click on IP Address Distribution Click on connection list You will then see your connections and you can edit any connection to make it static or you can add a static connection from ther

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try a signing static IP, then reboot router.

NEIL13764
Contributor - Level 2
I cannot assign a static IP because when I try I get message that mac address is already in the modem
0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Where do you get the error?

Try it this way:

Turn off the router (its not a modem).

Assign IP on tablet.

Turn on the router.

It should see the IP on the tablet.

NEIL13764
Contributor - Level 2
If this would works I still would have a problem when I were to take the laptop to any other wifi network, so I want the router to set the static IP
0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Dont think that quantum router can assign static IPS.

Why do you want/need a static on your tablet?

NEIL13764
Contributor - Level 2
Router can defintiely assign static IP. I already have done it for 3 devices but they were not in the list of used mac addresses.
0 Likes
Capricorn1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't have a G1100, so ignore me if I'm way out in left field. I'm working from the 2016 G1100 User Guide I grabbed from here.

Is it possible that the tablet is showing up the way it does because it's in the Wireless MAC Authentication list? That is, in the Wireless Settings under Advanced Settings, Level 2, the access list is enabled and the tablet is in the accept list? If so, maybe you can turn that off for the moment and then go (back) into the DHCP Connections in the Advanced section and try again. If that also works, you can try re-enabling the MAC Authentication list entry for the tablet. Those should be mutually exclusive lists, but maybe not.

NEIL13764
Contributor - Level 2
It wil be about a week until I can try your suggestion but it sounds like a possibility
0 Likes
NEIL13764
Contributor - Level 2
I was able to resolve the issue slightly differently. I went into the advanced>IP Distribution>Connection list and then I edited the dynamic address and checked it have it as a "Static Lease Type". Once I did that it showed in the connection list with a "delete"
0 Likes